The HIV Incidence Surveillance Investigator position will entail the following duties and responsibilities:
o Participate in conference calls including CDC program representatives and contribute to the development of the program and its implementation.
- Conduct laboratory-based reporting of tests indicative of HIV infection and/or conditions with close epidemiological relationship to the AIDS diagnosis.
- Coordinate and input data within the HIS and HIV/AIDS program (such as laboratory reporting and data matching).
- Update relevant databases as new information is received.
- Maintain contact with private and commercial laboratories that are licensed to perform tests indicative of HIV infection located in Philadelphia or originating from Philadelphia.
- Conduct Incidence training and education within the HIV Counseling and Testing community, commercial laboratories and private medical facilities that provide care for HIV infected individuals.
- Assure the security, completeness, and accuracy of all data collected through the HIS program.
- Aliquot blood or serum specimens necessary for the Incidence program and perform other duties as required.
- Participate in the HIS program in cooperation with the Program Manager and Medical Epidemiologist
Bachelor of Science Degree
HIV Incidence Surveillance is part of the HIV/AIDS Surveillance Unit, AIDS Activities Coordinating Office of the Philadelphia Department of Public Health. The Surveillance Unit conducts core and incidence surveillance of all persons diagnosed with HIV/AIDS in the City of Philadelphia, including medical record abstractions, electronic lab reporting and database matching.
Public Health Employment Connection - 4 years ago