Extended School Year (ESY)
Positions: Special Education Teacher
Rate of Pay: $15/hour – Licensed Special Education Teachers
Days: Monday – Friday
Hours: 8:30am – 2:30pm
Dates: June 24 – August 2
Location: Cuyahoga Falls – Education Alternatives
1225 Orlen Avenue
Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221
Program Description: Extended School Year offered at EA Cuyahoga Falls provides
academic instruction for students who are in need of educational services beyond
the 180-day school year. The program is available to students of all grades,
including high school students who are eligible to earn credit for participation
in the program. The type and duration of the ESY services are determined by the
IEP Team and tailored to accommodate the individual needs of the student. In
addition, students work on their social skills through structured activities and
educational field trips throughout the program.
Education and Experience:
- Develop and adapt lesson plans that employ instructional techniques and meet
the needs, capabilities, and academic level of each student as outlined in the
- Maintain a classroom environment that is conducive to the development of
students with learning, developmental, emotional, and behavioral disabilities.
- Integrate Education Alternatives’ therapeutic philosophy into educational
methods used in the classroom.
- Mediate with students to teach appropriate alternatives to negative and
- Track progress of academic and behavioral interventions and develop goals
- Facilitate communication with parents, the therapist, and school district
representatives regarding the student’s progress.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree in Special Education.
- Current Ohio Teaching Certificate as an Intervention Specialist for K-12
Mild/Moderate or Moderate/Severe.
- Prior experience working with children with emotional and behaviorally