Tenet, through its subsidiaries, owns and operates acute care hospitals and numerous related health care services. Our mission is to be recognized for our commitment to our people and partners who provide quality, innovative care to the patients we serve in our communities. It's a spirit you can experience first-hand and it's a philosophy that can enhance your own approach to health care and your career goals.
IN AN EFFORT TO PROVIDE A MORE HEALTHY, SAFE AND SATISFYING ENVIRONMENT TO OUR EMPLOYEES, INDIVIDUALS TO WHOM JOB OFFERS ARE EXTENDED MAY UNDERGO NICOTINE TESTING AS A PART OF THE PRE-EMPLOYMENT PROCESS.
The Payroll Processor I performs tasks to establish and maintain employee payroll records. Specific duties include assisting with answering phone calls and inquiries; update time and attendance records; auditing standard reports; supporting Payroll Processor II when necessary; handles the daily functions of payroll deductions of multi-state garnishments and tax levies; and record retention of payroll records. Works under close supervision of Payroll Manager.
Duties & Areas of Responsibility
- Assisting with updates to the time and attendance records
- Auditing standard reports and check distribution
- Process garnishment mail and deductions
- Answer questions related to court orders
- Supporting Processor II with inquiries
- Responsible for record retention of payroll records
- Must possess at least a High School Diploma or GED equivalency
- 1-3 years experience including automated time and attendance system (Kronos)
- Knowledge of payroll processing including time records
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.) and have strong typing/data entry skills.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Attention to detail, accuracy with numbers and efficiency in completing multiple-tasks
- Proven record of working to tight deadlines while maintaining high level of accuracy in a high-volume processing and fast paced environment
- Centralized shared services and/or customer service experience preferred but not required
- Hospital or healthcare experience preferred but not required
Exempt 80 Hour Pay Period
Tenet Healthcare - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Tenet Healthcare Corporation is one of the largest investor-owned health care delivery systems in the nation.
• 80 hospitals