Assembles, analyzes defects in, and repairs boilers, pressure vessels, tanks, vats and related piping in the field following blueprints and using hand tools, power tools and various equipment.
Reads, studies and interprets job specifications, plans and blue prints. Uses basic math skills including geometry, trigonometry to make calculations for work. Can complete difficult job tasks according to job specifications with minimal or no supervision.
1. Locates and marks reference points for columns, or plates on foundation by applying knowledge of geometry and with use of various hand equipment.
2. Attaches rigging and/or signals via hand signals crane operator to lift parts to specified position.
3. Aligns structures of plate sections to assemble boiler frame, tanks or vats.
4. Safely removes/installs exchanger tube bundles for pressure/leak testing.
5. Hammers, flamecuts or grinds irregular edges of structural parts to facilitate proper fitting.
6. Bolts or arc welds structures together.
7. Bolts or welds casing sections, up-takes, stacks, baffles and other fabricated parts (chutes, air heaters, fan stands, feeding tubes, catwalk, ladders, coal hoppers and safety hatches) to the frame.
8. Installs man holes, valves, gauges and feed water connection in drums to complete assembly of water tube boilers.
9. Tests assembled vessels for evidence of leakage and make any necessary repairs.
10. Must possess ability to read and interpret blueprints and specifications.
4 Years experience in craft + Pass Pala Craft Assessment + Previously "B" class + Complete Hands On List. Or 2-4 yrs. Exp. As a PFA or IWA with 1yr. Exp. As an IWA.
Pala is dedicated to providing the highest standards in construction services for leading energy, process, and manufacturing firms in the...