Fairfield Technologies Inc. (FTI), a CMMI Level 3 company, delivers leading-edge information technology (IT), process improvement, and advanced program management solutions for our Federal defense, civilian, and commercial customers. We pride ourselves on finding innovative yet realistic ways to meet the requirements our clients bring to us, and to deliver far beyond expectations. We are currently seeking two Drools Engineers / Rules-Based Developers to join our team in Alexandria, VA .
Key Role/Position Description:
- Performs computer software design and programming tasks principally oriented towards the creation of rule-based (or "knowledge-based") expert systems.
- Performs requirements specification and knowledge-engineering tasks in order to determine and document the functional requirements of rule-based systems.
- Programming languages such as Java, C, Lisp, and Prolog; computing technologies such as HTML, XML, and SQL; and commercial off-the-shelf software products from vendors such as IBM, Oracle, and ILOG, are typically used by Rule-Based Systems Developers to develop rule-based applications and to integrate them with legacy databases and other existing IT systems.
- Experience with an Open Source Rules Engine such as Drools or Jess.
- Solid skills in Java, Oracle, JMS, Spring, Java, JDBC, EJB.
- Familiarity with developing enterprise applications using Business Rules Engines. Hibernate, Spring, XML, Webservices, MQ.
- Web Services - SOAP, XML, BPEL, and WS-* standards.
- WebSphere App Server and JBoss.
- Expertise in Object-Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD) using UML and Java.
- Good understanding of enterprise architectural patterns including J2EE design patterns.
- Must be a US Citizen
- CBP Background Investigation (including police and credit check) required and must hold a current DoD secret clearance.
- Must be able to support the program on-site Monday – Friday.
- Strong problem solving skills with an aptitude for learning and implementing emerging technologies.
- Good inter-personal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a high-pressured, tight-deadline environment.
- Superior written and oral communication skills are essential.
Compensation and Benefits:
Health, Dental and Vision - Life and Personal Accident Insurance - Group Universal Life Insurance - Educational Assistance - Training and Development - Employee Assistance - Tuition Reimbursement Plan.