Delivering any data, anywhere, anytime, EdgeCast is the world's fastest and most reliable content delivery network. The company was founded in 2006 by technology entrepreneurs with years of experience building companies in the infrastructure, web services, and application delivery spaces. We built our global delivery network to provide the fastest, smartest content delivery on the planet. And, according to the independent experts, we did exactly that - we consistently rank among the very best-performing CDNs in the industry. Having built customer-centric technology service companies in the past, outstanding service is in our blood. We hope it shows through in everything we do. We are headquartered in lovely Santa Monica, California, and recently celebrated our 150th employee
SCOPE OF POSITION
- Funded by Steamboat Ventures and Menlo Ventures
- Highly experienced executive management team with a proven track record
- Independent agencies have named EdgeCast Networks the #3 CDN in the industry and labeling them the #1 “Contender”
The Junior System Administrator as a member of our SysOps department will be responsible for implementing and maintaining the production platform for EdgeCast’s Content Delivery Network and Managed/Co-location services. This individual will be responsible for supporting production affecting issues as they are escalated from the NOC, from our sophisticated monitoring systems and sourced internally from within Infrastructure Operations. All candidates for this role must be able to prioritize and manage issues of varying complexity and criticality. SysAdmin are responsible for resolving 80% of escalations before escalating to next-tier support. This individual will assist Systems Operations and Data Center Management with the daily operations/maintenance of our production systems and will participate in projects to automate and improve current processes.
- Perform planning, configuration, deployment and maintenance work associated with the EdgeCast production environments supporting our CDN and Dedicated Hosting and Cloud Storage products
- Perform systems administration tasks associated with implementation, migration and deployments utilizing remote-hands.
- Quickly and efficiently troubleshoot simple and complex issues in order to provide outstanding support for customer and internal needs.
- Identify areas for process and efficiency improvement within Systems Operations; recommend solutions and assist in overseeing implementation.
- Actively facilitate continuous improvement.
- Ensure all necessary operational processes and procedures are carried out with a high level of attention to detail, expediency and on- time delivery .
- Create and maintain system information diagrams and detailed documentation.
- Monitor various systems capacity and provide analytics & forecasts for added or reduced capacity as required .
- Use strong communication skills (both written and verbal) to direct with precision and clarity remote-hands technicians over the phone to execute deployment, break-fix, and upgrade plans accurately.
- Travel on an infrequent basis both domestically and internationally to accomplish on-site maintenance.
- BA/BS preferred (or equivalent experience).
- 2-3 years of relevant experience including in managing Linux/Unix platforms (especially Ubuntu and Debian OS) in these functions: DNS/ADS, RAID, system configuration and administration, media streaming (in Flash, Windows, QT, Real)
- Thorough understanding of TCP/IP Strong understanding of load balancing clusters, SLB, firewalls, ISPs, routers, HVAC systems, UPS, backup generators.
- Ability to manage servers and direct contract remote-hands personnel remotely and with a high-degree of precision.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with servers and network technologies.
- Must possess strong documentation skills using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and other online documentation tools such as a wiki . Experience using an operational ticketing system to record changes and work history details such as Team Support, OTRS or Service Now.
- Must be able to communicate with precision and clarity with remote-hands technicians over the phone to execute datacenter deployment plans accurately.
- 1-2 years of CDN or ISP experience is highly preferred. Valid passport.
- Hands-on - completes tasks quickly and thoroughly, follows-through and is highly dependable.
- Highly responsible, self-motivated, and able to thrive in an energetic, fast pace, high growth, entrepreneurial environment. Excellent organizational skills and resource oriented persona required to adapt to a constantly changing technical environment.
- Strong team player with a customer service orientation with the ability to forge relationships at all levels of the company and across diverse cultures Have excellent communication skills – written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal.
- Ethical, fair and of high integrity.
- Competitive base salary
- Performance bonus
- Stock Options
- Matching 401K
- Choice of 2 HMO or 3 PPO plans.
- Employee Referral Bonus program
- Corporate Discounts on Entertainment, Dining, Shopping, Personal Computers/Electronics
- Fantastic Santa Monica location
- Unrivaled career growth potential
- Paid certification training in your field
Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/AA M/F/D/V