We have a Preventive Maintenance (PM) Mechanic (3rd Shift) position open in Fairfax, VA.
The PM Mechanic performs preventive maintenance on all types of trucks and/or equipment to maximize safe and productive operations.
- Inspects trucks and/or equipment, for condition, operation, parts and fluid levels. Identifies and designates problems. Checks safety equipment on truck and/or equipment.
- Checks, fills and changes out appropriate fluids for all vehicle parts including engine, transmission, differentials, final drives, pump drives and hubs.
- Greases, oils, and lubricates components during preventive maintenance service. Performs adjustments to various systems during preventive maintenance service.
- Maintains and/or changes air, oil, coolant and fuel filters.
- Performs cooling systems maintenance.
- Drives truck in and out of repair area.
- Completes required paperwork, documents parts and material usage and accounts for applied times (i.e. work order times versus time card times.)
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Interested candidates should submit resumes and salary requirements by clicking “Apply Now".
Republic Services is a dynamic company that offers a competitive salary and benefits package including major medical coverage, supplemental insurance programs, retirement benefits, and paid vacation and holidays.
- Equivalent of high school diploma or G.E.D. certification.
- Prior mechanic experience.
- Automotive certification.
- Service Excellence classification: medium/heavy truck.
Republic Services promotes a drug-free and alcohol-free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug testing.
Going Green for the Environment.
Republic Services - 23 months ago
Every day, Republic Services empowers more than 30,000 exceptional employees in 39 states and Puerto Rico to do their best work. We’re...