The Electrical Mechanic will work closely with production personnel in a team based environment that is designed to manage in a manner that will insure a safe, clean workplace while continuously improving machine performance. This person will provide leadership and technical expertise for all electrical maintenance activities with the goal of achieving the highest possible maintenance efficiencies. During unscheduled or unplanned machine upsets, the Electrical Mechanic will direct all electrical maintenance activities to minimize impact on facility productivity.
The successful candidate must have a passion for safety, be able to foster strong working relationships built upon trust and respect, and be viewed as a clear and creditable communicator and resource.
- The qualified candidate will be responsible for safely performing PM, repairs, equipment modifications, new equipment installations and troubleshooting.
- Minimum knowledge and skills will include: PLC¿s, AC and DC motors & controls, drives, control circuits, power circuits, lighting and reading schematics and other electrical drawings.
- Candidate will be required to perform multi-craft job functions, therefore experience and/or training in other craft skills will be considered a plus.
Required competencies and skills
- Leading, assisting and performing the duties for all electrical maintenance processes. Performing assigned Preventative Maintenance tasks. Repairing, maintaining, adjusting and installing plant electrical equipment and faulty parts.
- Assembling, disassembling and installing electrical equipment working from engineering drawings, electrical schematics, and field sketches and other related documents and verbal field instructions needed to perform assigned duties.
- Performing the role of electrical trouble shooter in reacting to equipment failures as well as recognizing problems/failures before they occur and actively working with equipment operators to minimize the impact of failures. Troubleshooting series and parallel circuits, electromagnetic principles and transformers and understanding how they are used. Fusing and protecting basic circuits.
- Knowledge and troubleshooting of PLC using Allen Bradley RS-Logix5/500, 5000 software. Knowledge of GE Fanuc robotics handling, operation, and programming would be considered a plus.
- Properly using an electrical meter to measure voltage, resistance and current.
- Demonstrating an understanding of the importance of proper grounding of an electrical circuit and interpretation of the National Electrical Code
- Identifying basic electrical symbols and reading electrical schematic diagrams
- Wiring of basic motor control circuits, timers and other control circuits.
- Troubleshooting and isolating basic electrical control circuits
- Assisting in the completion of thorough and accurate incident and near miss investigations
- Properly executing confined space entry, lock-out-tag-out, line break, and hot work permit procedures.
- Keeping work area clean and free of hazards. Cleaning up work after completion of job tasks and returning equipment and excess materials
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance manuals, and parts manuals.
- 5 years experience in an industrial environment
Jarden Corporation - 2 years ago
More than 100 brands of consumer products for inside and outside the home make Jarden beam. It makes a variety of branded consumer products,...