CollegeAmerica Services Inc. (CASI) is a privately held company that has been under the same ownership for nearly 20 years. CASI operates for-profit Colleges and owns Stevens-Henager Colleges in Utah and Idaho (including Independence University); CollegeAmerica in Colorado, Arizona, and Wyoming; and California College San Diego. CASI is accredited by a national accrediting commission recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. CASI is a degree-granting institution and offers degrees in Computer Science, Graphic Arts, Business/Accounting, Medical Specialties, Nursing, and Healthcare Administration.
A TEACHING ASSISTANT (TA) is an individual who assists an instructor/ professor with instructional responsibilities. By definition, TAs assist with course related Labs. TA responsibilities vary greatly and may include: tutoring; holding office hours; laboratory, or discussion sessions. TAs assist in distance education courses by meeting with the students when instructors/ professors are unable too.
- Meet with your supervisor regularly during the month. Typically once per week
- Exchange e-mail and phone contacts, then check your messages daily
- Contact each instructor/professor of each module to insure that there are no outstanding issues to be resolved
- Familiarize yourself with course policies and procedures
- Consult the instructor/professor about anything that is unclear
- Discuss any exceptional situations with the instructor/professor before taking action
- Discuss any problem or abnormal situation about a student as soon as possible
- If it is necessary to take an action immediately, please do so, but also inform the student(s) involved that your action is subject to review by the instructor/professor
- Follow up with all parties to insure that the problem is resolved appropriately
- Regularly contact students who miss a class to discuss possible consequences and make-up procedures
- Attend course lectures if asked to do.
- Use the scheduled time to assist students as directed by your supervisor for graduation, clubs, workshops, etc.
- Attend faculty meetings
- Use your scheduled time to assist groups of students as directed by your supervisor
- Announce your study center schedule to your students for certain courses as directed by the instructor/professor
- Computer skills: The tutor must know how to operate and use a computer to handle application tools, to give quick responses, and to utilize whiteboards to steer through the long distance learning
We are People-Focused - We respect the intelligence and potential of each staff member. We provide a working environment that permits freedom to think, speak, disagree, innovate, create, and initiate. We value and admire ambitious, productive people; and we protect them, encourage them, and create a climate in which they flourish. We love, recognize, and reward producers and performers. In return, we require our employees to have a strong work ethic and be productive. We recruit broadly and select the highest caliber people available-ambitious, knowledgeable, and talented managers, instructors, admissions consultants, and administrators.
Sound Values and Virtues - The ethical conduct of our employees is of supreme importance. We hold the following as values and virtues: rationality, purpose, innovation, productiveness, profit, honesty, integrity, justice, and pride. These values are the core of our ethical code. To be ethical means to apply, to work by, and to live by these values and virtues.
CREDO - We are dedicated to helping our students graduate and get a much better job sooner. This is our mission. We pledge to provide the finest career education possible and to graduate satisfied students who have greater knowledge, skills and self-esteem in the shortest possible time. Our education is high value, clear, and interesting and achieves the highest level of learning and achievement for students. We want to deliver twice as much in half the time.
Equal Opportunity Employer - We are an equal opportunity employer. No employee, or applicant for employment, shall be discriminated against in any term or condition of employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or sexual orientation. We are constantly striving to make our colleges the best they can be. As an employee, you become part of that mission. We expect a commitment that you will be the best you can be.