About the Job
This role will develop the Company’s internal tax department and practices. As the senior tax manager, you will build the Company’s tax strategy, assess future needs and determine the structure of the tax department going forward. Early on, you’ll have to be willing to roll up your sleeves, do some investigative research, learn about the particularities of our Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) delivery and draft some memoranda. This role reports to the Director of Accounting and will work the accounting staff, FP&A Manager and CFO.
- Own the external tax professional relationship
- Prepare tax analyses, reconciliations, and required financial disclosure
- Explain tax concepts in non-technical terms, while being able to quantify the projected tax impact of certain decisions
- Understand and manage the federal, state and local jurisdictional filing requirements
- Continuously suggest improvements on everything from process perspective to international structuring
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or similar discipline
- 8 + years of experience in U.S. income tax planning and compliance
- Experience with SaaS tax implication and patent structuring highly preferred
- Big 4 Public Accounting highly preferred
- Experience with inbound and outbound corporate structure, repatriation of earnings, CFCs, Foreign tax credits, Treaties, etc.
- Experience with U.S. corporate income tax filing
Opower - 18 months ago
Opower combines a cloud-based platform, big data, and behavioral science to help utilities around the world reduce energy consumption and...