The Sales Training Consultant is responsible for delivering and/or facilitating classroom and virtual training to Sales, Sales Engineers, and sales support personnel, collaborating with both internal and external team members for the delivery of impactful training. This training will be developed and prepared for delivery to ensure the successful launch of new products, system enhancements, and process changes.
This position requires participation in sales training design and will incorporate adult learning principles into all content development. The Sales Training Consultant will assist in the development and evaluation of new and existing training programs through appropriate analysis to understand the problem or requirement at hand and the desired performance improvements needed to correct the issue. This role will identify the knowledge and skills that align with desired new behaviors. The Sales Training Consultant will explain and/or demonstrate the connection of the material to the goals and objectives of the organization.
The Sales Training Consultant works with all levels of management to reach sales training goals and ties training to the organization's Mission and Vision statements and will serve as a trusted advisor to their students, their clients, and executive sponsors.
Education and Experience
- Together with the Sales Stakeholders, analyze the difference between actual and desired performance, the cause of discrepancy, and provide suggestions on actions to address the causes. Utilize information learned in the reviews to determine if training is an appropriate solution, or if a problem can be corrected by different performance improvement solutions such as procedure revision, development of appropriate job aids, etc.
- Actively work to improve the effectiveness of the overall Sales training programs, and utilize a variety of effective training methodologies and demonstrate enthusiasm for training in order to motivate others to want to learn.
- Collaborate with the Stakeholders across the Sales Organization to identify impactful learning opportunities and drive results through project management and implementation.
- Ensure all systems and process training content for the Sales and operations groups is sales and support ready prior to the launch of system enhancements or process changes
- Technical understanding of products and solutions is required for successful delivery of content in the classroom environment. Establish and maintain subject matter expertise for all sales channels, and sales segments that include quoting and ordering.
- Provide peer review of all other Sales and Sales Engineering training curriculum and content
- Assist in the development of content with the instructional design team. Identify additional areas of sales and operations system and process improvement to the Sales Process team
- Update existing training presentations and computer based training modules to ensure they are kept current.
- Effectively and clearly communicate and assist the Sales Directors and General Managers on how to execute the Sales New Hire program efficiently, auditing compliance of the on-boarding program and training completion.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Experience: 5+ yrs
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
- Field Of Study: Business or Education
- A combination of education and experience is acceptable: Yes
- Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
- Previous Sales and training experience preferred • Telecom experience required • Siebel, Pipeline and Sales Force.com systems knowledge recommended • Strong Sales, CRM and training program management experience • Deep familiarity in telecommunications technologies • Well-versed in professional selling skills and terminology • Experience designing and delivering interactive training • Process driven with an eye on scalable, repeatable learning solutions • Proven consultative relationship building skills • Confident and well spoken in front of small to large audiences • Excellent communication skills both written and oral • Experience with online and virtual training tool use and delivery • Works with a sense of urgency • Good organizational skills and must be able to prioritize. • Team player who is able to work with a small team of developers and managers in order to rapidly develop effective training programs • Works effectively with leadership team members, subject matter experts and other internal team members • Preferred systems experience should include, MS Office Suite, NetMeeting, Visio, Adobe Acrobat, SnagIt, Captivate, Flash, DreamWeaver, and Articulate. • 30-40% business travel required
Sits five to seven hours per day. Stands and or walks one to three hours per day. May bend, reach, stoop and crouch throughout the day. Should have the ability to hear, speak and see effectively to perform the necessary tasks of this position. Manual dexterity is occasionally required. The position may require frequent movement and activity relating to using keyboards, viewing data on computer displays, and communicating verbally and in writing to the needs of others. The employee-owner may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Working Conditions: Work is performed in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Government Security Required: No
Level 3 Communications, Inc. (Level 3) is engaged in the communications business. The Company is a facilities based provider of a range of...