Windows Management Experts, Inc. (WME) is a leading system integrator for the Microsoft System Center product suite. At WME, we are committed to and passionate about transforming IT operations, through the development of solutions and products that make the job of an administrator easier. Our results-based consulting services include: Operating system deployment, architecture design, implementation and migration, operations & remote support, workshops and demonstrations, assessment health checks, and third party product integration.
We hire people who, like us, are passionate about System Center technologies and the difference they can make for organizations. And we are committed that our employees and partners are recognized for their contributions, and have opportunities for professional and personal growth in areas of interest to them.
We are currently seeking a System Center 2012 Service Manager consultant for project-based opportunities.
- Must be able to provide application support for the configuration, customization, and administration of the SCSM application in close coordination with the customer staff.
- Must have experience defining migration strategies between other COTS products (CA, BMC) and SCSM.
- Must have experience extracting customer/business requirements and developing implementation strategy for ITSM solutions.
- Must have a good working knowledge Incident and Problem Management process principles, relationships, and metrics.
- Familiarity with or ITIL certifications preferred.
- Integrate multiple data sources such as AD, SCCM, SCOM to help desk and ticketing systems (e.g. Service Manager, Heat, Remedy, etc.)
- Develop and integrate reports into processes.
- Create custom management packs to extend data warehouse
- Define business services as they relate to IT
- Create workflows based on business processes
- Create notification workflows
- Ensure that customer needs are met, and that their expectations are exceeded wherever possible
- Research technical issues, write papers, and deliver presentations on implementation, best practices and optimization
- Keep up-to-date on new technological advances in SCSM and third party solutions
- Work with the software development team to build and test custom solutions for clients
- Educate clients on software usage and maintenance
- Scope and prepare statements of work
- Must have 5-8 years of consulting experience working with Service Manager 2010, 2012 and other service tool products (Remedy, etc.)
- Minimum of 2 years experience with SQL 2005/2008 custom query creation and SQL Server Reporting Services 2008
- Must be a self-starter capable of making things happen
- Self-Motivated and capable of learning on his/her own without a lot of handholding
- Passionate to learning the latest technology advances in System Center and how it can be applied to customers
- Customer facing and capable of being developed as a consultant leading projects
- Experience in design and implementation of help desk and ticketing systems (HEAT, Remedy, System Center Service Manager, etc.) and marrying them with workflows and templates
- Knowledge of System Center Operations Manager, Configuration Manager, and self-service portal and configuration
- Familiar with 3rd party configuration packs (e.g. Provance)
- 60-70% Travel required
Why Work with WME?
- We allow our consultants to grow and expand their technical and soft skills to a whole new level
- We offer real world experience to all of our customers. In fact, we have over 35+ years of combined experience
- Finally, we are passionate about Systems Center and the capability it provides to reduce IT operational costs and improve efficiencies across an environment.
Indeed - 23 months ago