Senior ATG Developer
- NATIONWIDE SEARCH -
This position can work VIRTUALLY if the ideal candidate is not located in the DC Metro area.
Selected candidate must be legally allowed to work in the US without any form of Visa Sponsorship.
The American Red Cross seeks a creative and energetic individual to join our engineering team in delivering mission-critical applications that support ARC’s mission to “prevent and alleviate human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.” We accomplish this primarily through a public-facing application at RedCross.org where we process transactions for donations, class registrations and product purchases, as well as through a number of internal business systems tied into a corporate intranet called The Exchange. This role requires frequent and close contact with engineers, IT managers, business analysts, contractors, consultants, and vendors to deliver enterprise-class software within time and budget constraints. The successful candidate will be expected to engage actively in the design and development of ground-breaking software that fits the overall strategy of providing high-quality re-usable solutions to the business. This role will work collaboratively to design, build, test, deploy and maintain quality, scalable solutions for the ATG platform that runs RedCross.org and related properties.
· Work with stakeholders to understand key business drivers that require technology solutions at RedCross.org and related properties.·
· Lead and participate in agile development efforts, including sprint planning, coding standards, quality review, software engineering, solution design, requirements gathering, scope management and related activities.
· Develop enhancements and modules for the ATG platform running RedCross.org and related properties.
· Collaborate with Operations teams for Tier 3 support and quality feedback cycle
· Set and follow standards for code reusability, code quality and other best practices in software design and engineering.
· Work effectively as a team member with peers and other development staff to share information, accomplish assigned functions, and solve problems.
· Provide technical leadership in the defining and implementing of architectural changes necessary to address expanding product requirements and maintenance concerns.
· Perform other related engineering duties as needed.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems, or equivalent work experience and certification.
· 7+ years of combined experience with Java software design and development of complex, high-volume eCommerce sites.
· 5-7 years of directly related experience in progressively responsible positions in information technology within a medium to large and complex organization.
• 2+ years experience with Oracle ATG Web Commerce.
· Deep understanding of API, standards and frameworks, including RESTful web services.
· Proficiency in applications development methodology (Agile/SCRUM) and use of issue tracking and version control systems.
· Experience architecting, designing, and developing high performing web applications.
· Experience in heterogenous infrastructure environments including Windows and Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) .
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
The American Red Cross is an AA / EOE/M / F / D / V / SO Employer.
American Red Cross - 14 months ago
The humanitarian mission of the American Red Cross connects us to people and communities across the nation and around the world. The common...