The incumbent in this position is responsible for maintaining security protection, which includes money transactions, public relations, assisting guests/customers and employees as needed and maintaining order.
Maintain order on Hard Rock Hotel and Casino's property at all times.
Assist sick or injured patrons and employees; performs CPR as necessary.
Assist Games and Slots department in removing drop boxes.
Attend all safety/first aid training classes.
Report unsafe or hazardous conditions.
Assist patrons and employees on directions and proper procedures.
Check identification of all persons that appear to be under 21 years of age.
Compose accident/incident reports and witness statements when necessary.
Operate company vehicles in a safe manner.
10. Perform fills, credits, exchanges and marker transfers procedures for departments as needed which could weigh 50 lbs. or more.
Must have ability to:
- Spends majority of shift on the casino floor, and is subject to varying levels of crowds, noise levels and smoke, the severity of which depends upon customer volume.
- Communicate effectively at all times, with customers as well as all levels of employees.
- Read and write legible reports.
- Identify and quickly respond to potential problems and conflicts and defend self and others in combative situations.
- Lift, push and pull drop boxes and money carts, and be able to assist sick or injured customers and employees.
- Work in varying weather conditions, proper clothing provided.
Must have effective communication skills. Must be bondable with no felony convictions.
Must have valid Nevada driver’s license. Must be able to write clear, accurate and concise reports.CPR Certificate and bloodborne pathogen training required. The skills required of this position can typically be acquired through two months of on the job training, or through related experience.