Position Title |
MES Systems Analyst
Business Unit Description
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled service make us the partner of choice for many of the world’s most admired brands in the healthcare, beauty and personal care, food, beverage, home and garden, and tobacco industries. Our end-market expertise is also the foundation for success in our other businesses – Specialty Chemicals and the Community Development and Land Management Group. We touch people’s lives every day, everywhere. We help people keep track of their medications ( Dosepak ®, and Shellpak ® packaging), take care of their homes and gardens ( Mixor ® Trigger Sprayers) and their communities ( Evotherm ® asphalt). We develop products and solutions that not only grow our customers’ brands, but also improve our – and their – customers’ quality of life.
With about 15,000 employees worldwide, MWV operates in 30 countries and serves customers in more than 100 nations. But no matter where we’re doing business, we do things the right way – with a focus on integrity, sustainability, and positively contributing to the communities in which our employees live and work.
MWV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position will report to the MES Team Lead in Covington, VA. It is responsible for providing primary IT business and application support in the area of the Production and Quality Operations for the Covington mill and Low Moor Converting facility. HOW YOU WILL IMPACT MWV
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Provide system application support including trouble-shooting, design analysis and system configuration
- Provide 24/7 application support in manufacturing environment
- Interface with key users to understand business processes and provide system solutions
- Ensure the Global Business Applications Guiding Principals are enforced – Outcome Driven, Common, Simple, Global and Standard
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent work experience in IT, Engineering or business/related field
- Familiarity with production operations in a paper mill environment
- Experience with any or all of the following is desired:
- Honeywell’s Optivision and Optimiser shop floor applications
- ACSIS Visitrak and RF applications
- OSI PI
- GE’s Plant Applications suite
- Crystal Reports
- Cold Fusion
- SAP LE (Logistics Execution)
- Understanding of relational databases such as Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server administration a plus
- Experience with one or more: Microsoft Access, SQL, HTML, .Net, Visual Basic
- Experience with report creation, maintenance, metrics, scorecards
- Candidate must be a team player, adapt well to a multitasking, fast pace environment and maintain a courteous and professional image
- Ability to provide after-hours support on a rotating schedule
United States of America
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled...