QuarterLine Consulting Services is seeking candidates for a Biosurveillance Senior Scientist position in Washington, D.C. to support of the Office of Health Affairs, Non-Biowatch Systems Engineering, Technical Assistance (SETA) and Program Management Support.
The duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Conducts operational scientific and technical analysis in support of National biosurveillance.
- Leads the development of a variety of analytic biosurveillance decision support products that meet National decision makers’ and stakeholders’ requirements.
- Performs the functions of a technical expert in the relevant scientific field in support of major biosurveillance programs or system development activities.
- Applies scientific expertise in defining and resolving system issues, performing analysis, and developing plans and requirements for further analysis.
- Coordinates and manages the preparation of analysis, evaluations, and recommendations within OHA biosurveillance products in support of federal personnel.
The Biosurveillance Senior Scientist will generally work between the hours of 8:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
Education: M.A. or M.S. degree in a scientific, engineering, medical, veterinary, or public health field. Certain personnel will require Ph.D.
Experience: Must have 6 years of experience in a scientific, engineering, medical, veterinary, or public health field such as biology, chemistry, biochemistry, bacteriology, virology, epidemiology, toxicology, immunology, environmental science or engineering, physics, mathematics, geology, or other related discipline.
Specialized Experience: Must have at least 4 years of experience providing direct or consultant scientific support to major programs or system development efforts related to biosurveillance.