Under the general direction of the Director and direct supervision of Clinical Nurse Manager and in accordance with: standards of care and practice established by the Nursing Organization and, the specific department; the rules, regulations and/or standards established by the State Board of Nursing, the Joint Commission and appropriate specialty organizations relevant to the patient population under care, the incumbent performs the following functions:
Demonstrates patient care through serving as role model and clinical resource while carrying out:
Assessment: Interviews the patient and/or family to obtain a comprehensive history and to obtain data about patient’s development status, behavior, cultural and health concerns. Examines the patient to obtain objective physical data. Reviews clinical data from diagnostic studies and previous records. Completes a physical and psychosocial assessment based on interview, examination and review of clinical data. Based on assessment, identifies nursing diagnoses/patient care problems. Documents data and assessment on appropriate form according to instructions. Communicates patient status and assessed needs to members of multidisciplinary team. Reassesses patient status at established time frames and as indicated by the patient’s status. Reports status and changes in status as appropriate. Assesses potential for crisis and intervenes before crisis situations develop.
• Graduate from an approved school of nursing.
• BSN preferred.
• Minimum 3 years Obstetrical Nursing. EFM knowledge and experience. Experience and skilled in Telephone Triage
• Current registration in the State of New Hampshire as a Registered Nurse.
• BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required. Must maintain BLS throughout employment.
• Within 6 months of hire must attend an Advanced Fetal Monitoring course.
Catholic Medical Center - 19 months ago