Minimum 3 years experience required
The Clinical Research Associate is responsible for performing duties as assigned in the Research Department at the Harold Alfond Center for Cancer Care (HACCC) and promoting good clinical practices . These activities involve collaboration with Research Staff, the Principle Investigator, the Medical Director, Surgeons, Institutional Review Board (IRB) Chair and relevant MaineGeneral Medical Center (MGMC) departments and committees. This includes possessing an in-depth knowledge of federal regulations and guidance documents for the conduct of clinical trials in human subjects protection, assuring compliance with protocol and regulatory requirements for the procurement of blood and tissue samples, and recording and maintaining data and source documents for research.
Maintains cooperative/interactive working relationships and strong communication linkages with all pertinent departments and staff involved in all facets of the protocol patient’s care. Works with Research Department staff to assure accurate and timely documentation and submission of research and regulatory documents as required.
- Must sit for certification examination in either Society of Clinical Research Associates or Association of Clinical Research Professionals Certification within 2 years of employment to obtain CCRA.
- Associates’s degree in healthcare related field preferred.
- 3 years of full time experience in healthcare setting such as oncology or surgery required .
- Clinical research experience preferred.
- Proficiency in a suite of Microsoft Office applications .
- Must be self-directed and have strong verbal and oral communication skills.
MaineGeneral Health - 23 months ago