Edelman Austin is seeking an Account Supervisor – Technology to serve as the day-to-day lead on corporate account team. Need to have strong corporate planning/strategy and business media relationships with technology background. Server experience preferred, as this person will spend part of their time supporting the VP on server business needs.
The account supervisor must have at least four years of relevant experience in public relations and/or related fields including research, advertising, management consulting, media and publishing.
The account supervisor should have a bachelor’s degree in a related field, a proven ability to manage large projects (including budgets) and small teams simultaneously, function as a daily client contact, as well as develop and execute plans to meet client goals. S/he should have demonstrated ability to delegate and accurately judge and edit the work of others. S/he should have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
· Oversee operational performance of accounts, ensuring quality work, deadline and budget adherence
· Play major role in creation of communications plans and goals; manage against them
· Serve as daily client contact and act as client lead when appropriate; address client issues thoughtfully and effectively
· Consistently produce high quality internal and external communications content
· Build relationships with third-party influencers and internal business partners to meet client needs
· Demonstrate tactical proficiency in media relations, including creating and driving both traditional and social media outreach plans
· Supervise staff by motivating, coaching, consistently providing feedback, holding them accountable and conducting their reviews
· Contribute to business growth through introducing clients to new capabilities, building network of industry contacts and participating in relevant professional organizations
· Commit to continuous learning and improvement of leadership skills; set and pursue stretch goals
· Demonstrate behaviors consistent with Edelman’s values (Quality, Integrity, Respect, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Mutual Benefits) and Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
Edelman is the world’s largest public relations firm, with 65 offices and more than 4,500 employees worldwide, as well as affiliates in more than 30 cities. Edelman was named Advertising Age’s top-ranked PR firm of the decade in 2009 and one of its “A-List Agencies” in both 2010 and 2011; Adweek’s “2011 PR Agency of the Year;” PRWeek’s “2011 Large PR Agency of the Year;” and The Holmes Report’s “2011 Global Agency of the Year” and its 2011 “North American Large Agency of the Year.” Edelman was named one of the “Best Places to Work” by Advertising Age in 2010 and 2012 and among Glassdoor’s top five “2011 Best Places to Work.” Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Berland (research), Blue (advertising), A&R Edelman (technology), and agencies Edelman Significa (Brazil), and Pegasus (China). Visit http://www.edelman.com for more information. Edelman is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If image truly is everything, then Edelman may be one of the most indispensable companies around. Daniel J. Edelman, which does business...