Santé Home Health and Rehabilitation Services is seeking a skilled administrative professional to assume the role of Intake Coordinator.
The Intake Coordinator serves as the first point of contact for referral sources to Santé Home Health and Rehabilitation. The Coordinator is responsible for gathering necessary documents regarding proposed patients from referral sources, and working with the Director of Clinical Services to determine the patient's appropriateness for home health services. Once the patient is deemed appropriate for home health care services, the Intake Coordinator is responsible for identifying demographic location, scheduling visits in the scheduling system, and staffing ordered clinicians. The Coordinator may also be required to determine insurance eligibility and negotiate terms.
Special Skills, Knowledge, or Ability:
- Obtains necessary components of a new patient referral from referral source and puts together "Intake Packet" for clinical review.
- Performs verification of primary care physician and the physician's acceptance of following the patient for home health services. Documents verification on Intake Packet.
- Performs verification of Medicare eligibility and/or insurance and /or negotiates terms of insurance reimbursement directly with the insurance companies.
- Provides completed Intake Packet with insurance verification to the Director of Clinical Services for clinical review and approval.
- Upon approval, notifies the referral source of acceptance and identifies the patient's geographic location.
- Staff and schedule the patient Oasis to the assigned clinicians, based on orders and geographic location.
- Serves as a liaison with the clinical staff members and the office personnel in regards to status of patients, including, but not limited to, hospitalizations, transfer to hospice, and discharges.
- Communicates withe Community Liaisons to assist with the referral process and tracking of liaison's productivity.
- Responsible for on-going schedule changes that are appropriately ordered.
- Creates weekly schedules for each clinician, sends for verification to clinician, and makes appropriate changes to the Kinnser schedule.
- Ensures that documentation is completed and scanned into the medical record, as needed.
- Available to share on-call with Intake personnel as needed.
- Must be able to exercise initiative and independent judgment.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work with individuals to enlist cooperations of many people to perform/achieve a common goal.
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills, and have the ability to communicate with a multidisciplinary team, including physician office personnel, field clinicians, hospital case managers, insurance companies, and patients and their families.
- Must be able to manage many tasks effectively, under pressure, and possess detail orientation to ensure accuracy of inputted information.
Physical and Working Conditions (with or without accommodation):
- Must currently hold a minimum of a High School Diploma, or GED equivalent.
- Must be proficient in utilizing Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and in data entry.
- Minimum of one (1) year administrative experience in a Home Health setting, or other medical office environment strongly preferred.
- Risk exposure - Low risk.
- Works indoors in an office setting.
- Must be able to participate in physical activity, if necessary.
- Must be able to work for an extended period of time while sitting and/or being involved in physical activity.
- Moderate lifting.
In order to be considered for this position, your resume must reflect all relevant licenses, certifications, education, and experience noted in the requirements and minimum qualification sections of this job posting. Without this information, candidates cannot be considered for positions to which they may be qualified.
Upon date of hire, applicants will be required to complete the U.S. Department Homeland Security’s I-9 form confirming authorization to work in the United States. Santé is not able to support VISA sponsorships.
Sante - 2 years ago