At Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island (BCBSRI), diversity and inclusion are central to our core values and strengthen our ability to meet the challenges of today's healthcare industry. BCBSRI is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. We provide equal opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Develop and implement ideas to resolve day-to-day problems, and supervise staff to ensure adherence to quality and service standards, corporate compliance requirements, internal and external customer deadlines, cost containment, and proper procedures. Manage workflow of department; develop and implement corporate or departmental policies, procedures, and service standards. Assist in the administration of the company records management program. Monitor service levels and performance of vendors. Supervise warehouse staff and operations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Coordinate the workflow and supervise the operations of the mailroom, warehouse, loading dock and shipping and receiving, delivery vehicles, and equipment. Provide direction and guidance to staff. Review and evaluate work results and prepare and give performance reviews. Supervise daily activities in the pickup and delivery of incoming and outgoing corporate mail from United States Postal Service (USPS) locations; arrange special runs for outgoing mail as required. Develop daily schedule for runs to brokers and small group accounts.
- Coordinate incoming and outgoing overnight express and package delivery services. Maintain receipt and delivery records/logs and verify vendor invoices.
- Coordinate the collection and destruction of confidential documents daily. Maintain receipt and delivery records and verify vendor invoices.
- Assist management with analysis and selection of vendors. Monitor vendors service levels and performance on a day-to-day basis.
- Establish, maintain, and adjust schedules to accomplish these tasks based on requests, staffing and operational priorities. Assist in the performance of these duties as needed.
- Assist in the administration of the corporate records storage program. Collect, prepare, and track boxes from all internal departments and arrange transportation to the company’s records storage vendor’s facility. Complete and maintain all storage inventory forms for Office Services’ permanent records and return customer copies. Assist in initiating and completing quarterly review and destruction projects for the entire company. Work directly with department management and Records Administrators to answer questions, and request and followup actions, and enforce deadlines.
- Unload equipment, material, supplies and stock delivered to loading dock, warehouse or other building sites by trucking companies or other common carriers. Arrange shipments of material from the company as required. Verify quantities, condition and specifications. Maintain receipt and delivery logs.
- Supervise staff to arrange storage of raw paper stock, printed materials, envelopes and other items in the building and warehouse. Ensure that material is stored in the warehouse under conditions that are safe, efficient, and productive and which protect the company’s assets and investment. Update the automated inventory control system and maintain correct stock levels in conjunction with internal departments.
- Train driver(s) in safe operating procedures (driving and material handling), arrange and document cleaning and vehicle/equipment maintenance programs, and ensure compliance with corporate guidelines.
- Train staff in compliance requirements. Update procedures as needed. Complete ad-hoc audits of staff and processes.
- Ensure vehicles are maintained and serviced. Review and verify lease payments.
- Assist management in planning relocation of associates and assets within and outside the building.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Preferred Education, Additional Qualifications and Experience:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Three to five years experience in a mail room environment, warehousing or records management
- Available round the clock (24x7) for emergencies and back-up.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or similar degreed program
- Supervisory experience or experience leading a team
- Experience in the areas of audio visual, production printing, imaging, compliance, safety and security
- Technical skills (Lotus Notes databases, workflows, configuration, inventory systems, barcoding, scanning) Required
- Ability to develop and maintain effective and collaborative working relationships
- Strong and effective decision-making skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel
- Corporate email systems.
- Experience with records management programs, policies, procedures and systems
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Rhode Island - 18 months ago