Auto req ID: 7934BR Job Title: District Group X Manager - Denver Area of Interest: Group X Location Name: 91152 Region 105 Support Address: 11798 Oswego St City: Denver State: CO Zip Code: 80112 Job Description: GENERAL SUMMARY: District Group Exercise Managers (DGXM) are responsible for the growth and success of group fitness programs in multiple clubs. DGXMs oversee programs in districts of 6 – 12 clubs. Districts will contain an average of 400 classes per week with a staff of approximately 150 – 200 instructors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Group Fitness Program Development (25%)
2. Group Fitness Instructor Management (40%)
- Design and implement successful group fitness programs within each club.
- Staff program with high-quality group fitness instructors.
- Monitor program success and implement regularly scheduled and as-needed schedule changes to insure high level of member attendance.
- Create and staff programming for a variety of special events and holidays.
3. Group Fitness Business Management (20%)
- Recruit/hire high-quality instructors
- Conduct regular class evaluations/coach instructors.
- Communicate as needed with instructors, both one-on-one and group communications.
4. Teaching/Training (10%)
- Create annual group fitness labor budget
- Operate program within budget
- Update/monitor online scheduling and substitution system
- Work with business partners at both the club and district level
- Communicate with club team and members needed
ORGANIZATION RELATIONSHIPS: This position reports to a Regional Group Exercise Manager. The position may interact with all levels of management and staff both within Corporate and Field offices, in the clubs, and especially with the Corporate Group Exercise team.
- Teach 2 – 5 classes per week. Class formats taught will support company training and education partners.
- Attend group fitness and business trainings as needed
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
2) Minimum certifications/educational level:
- Solid computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong interpersonal skills with employees, management and members.
- Ability to execute programs and inspire team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Practical and technical knowledge of group fitness is required
4 year college degree preferred.
3) Minimum experience:
Experience as a group fitness instructor is required.Management experience is preferred
4) Physical Requirements:
Ability to work extended business hours when requiredSome travel will be requiredAbility to teach 2 – 5 classes per week.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
24 Hour Fitness Worldwide, the world's largest privately owned and operated fitness center chain, began as a one-club operation in 1983....