ITT Exelis is Powered By Ingenuity, which is the hallmark of our business, products and people. Exelis is a leader in networked communications, sensing and surveillance, electronic warfare, navigation, air traffic solutions and information systems with growing positions in cyber security, composite aero-structures, logistics and technical services. We provide innovative solutions in the areas of command, control, communications, computers, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (C4ISR) and the Information and Technical Services markets. The company has a 50-year legacy of partnering with customers worldwide to deliver affordable, mission-critical products and services for managing global threats, conflicts and complexities.
Working at ITT Exelis, you will join the ranks of 20,000 employees serving our customers around the globe. At ITT Exelis, our workplace culture encourages a spirit of adventure and encompasses a can-do attitude. We place emphasis on building and sustaining a diverse workforce which is inclusive of different perspectives and varied business, academic, cultural and social backgrounds.
Primary responsibility of the Project Scheduling Analyst is to assist in supporting the business management team with developing strong Microsoft Project Schedules and enforcing scheduling standards. Provides daily support to integrated product teams (IPTs) to develop and maintain Microsoft Project detailed schedules, and accurately report schedule status. Serves as a valuable resource for any program scheduling and cost performance related questions and issues by developing strong relationships with IPTs/CAMs.
Typical task assignments may include:
Minimum of 3 years related planning and scheduling experience with government contracts on engineering development programs Required
- Gathers schedule/financial data and performs basic analysis. Identifies problems and determines possible causes. Assists in Business Management tasks for assigned programs and/or proposals (cost reports, estimates to complete, budget releases, bid/estimate preparation, and pricing).
- Plans and prepares detail schedules oriented to products resulting in the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS), establishing start and end dates for each task, for each cost account package, and for each major activity.
- Prepare and publish a graphical format of the program plan displaying the tasks and time necessary to accomplish and fulfill program requirements.
- Analysis of the program plan each time it is updated to include, summary of key program milestones relative to prior reports, and trend projected delivery of contractual products.
- Work products are project plans, project schedule analysis, and related contractual plans/documents.
- Requires aptitude for detailed work, data analysis and follow-up.
- Must be able to learn and use personal computer and software associated with this position (e.g. MSProject 2003 Professional, Excel, PowerPoint) Must have good written and verbal communication skills. Required Experience: •Bachelors degree in Business Administration or Planning related area or minimum seven years in technical/business related experience working in a project controls environment in lieu of a degree Required
Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Project
US Citizenship required. Desired Skills: • Experience with Resource Loading of Schedules
- Solid understanding of program planning/scheduling discipline required
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office tools with an emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint required
Industry Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information, US Citizenship required.
- Familiarity with IMP/IMS Implementation (Integrated Master Schedules);
- Knowledge of Earned Value Management
- Exposure to schedule risk analysis (SRA) desirable.
- Knowledge of Work Breakdown Structure strategies.
- Ability to work with a variety of planning and project management computer software tools.
- Experience in the Aerospace/Defense industry desirable
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Respect, Responsibility, and Integrity, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace Clearance Level Required at Start Date Clearable Minimum Education Requirements BS/BA Degree or Equivalent Percent of Travel Required Less than 25% Work Status Full-Time
ITT Exelis - 13 months ago