THIS IS AN ADVANCED ADMINISTRATION POSITION. CANDIDATES WITH LESS THAN TWO YEARS OF LINUX ADMIN AND NETWORK EXPERIENCE MAY NOT BE CONSIDERED.
This job will require travel. No relocation available.
Candidate will be required to support a 24x7 LAN/WAN and associated applications. Candidate will troubleshoot, upgrade and maintain the existing operational environment consisting of servers running Linux Redhat Server and Windows 2000, Windows 2003, Exchange 2003 and workstations running Windows 7 and Windows XP.
REPORTS TO: Senior Support Engineer
PURPOSE: To administer and manage systems FourthWall Media’s Engineering office and to provide onsite/phone support to customers.
This role will share responsibility for administering a high availability, hosted environment and managing a mixed network of Windows and Redhat Linux servers. The ideal candidate will work well in a fast paced environment and deal professionally with internal and external clients. The Support Engineer will work very closely with the Software Development, Client Services and Support groups to meet business and technical demands.
- Administer multiple Linux/Redhat servers running in a high availability (Application Service Provider) environment.
- Configure and install new machines-Intel/RISC based. Advanced Linux/Unix administration-kickstart/jumpstart server builds, shell scripting, performance tuning and support.
- Support Cisco and Motorola Headend Equipment (DNCS, DAC, DCCG)
- Implement software and hardware RAID solutions.
- Administer Linux to Windows connectivity.
- Support developer/system requirements.
- Maintain development/testing environments.
- Set up and day-to-day backups and maintenance of production systems.
- System performance and stability monitoring and optimization.
- Incident detection and handling.
- Resource monitoring, scaling of infrastructure as needed.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills with little supervision (network, hardware, OS, performance related problems).
- RHCT or RHCE certification or equivalent UNIX experience or certification
- CCNA or CCNE or CCNP and/or MSCE preferred
- Experience in technical and customer support
- Proven troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Solid grasp of hardware and network fundamentals
- 3+ years experience with Red Hat Linux and Windows operating systems
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills (English Language)
- 3+ years experience with TCP/IP networking
- University degree in Computer Science or sufficient related education
- Possess the desire to learn and accept new challenges
- RF Networking and Cable TV experience a Plus
FourthWall Media - 9 months ago
FourthWall Media, formerly known as Biap, is an Emmy-nominated media company driving the creative revolution in interactive television...