Varen is seeking multiple Junior Information Systems Engineers (ISSE) with active TS/SCI clearance and polygraph. This is an exciting chance to jump start your career in a highly-visible role. Responsibilities include:
- Performs, or reviews, technical security assessments of computing environments to identify points of vulnerability, non-compliance with established Information Assurance (IA) standards and regulations and recommend mitigation strategies.
- Validates and verifies system security requirements definitions and analysis, and establishes system security designs.
- Designs, develops, implements and/or integrates IA and security systems and system components including those for networking, computing and enclave environments to include those with multiple enclaves and with differing data protection/classification requirements.
- Builds IA into systems deployed to operational environments. Assists architects and systems developers in the identification and implementation of appropriate information security functionality to ensure uniform application of security policy and enterprise solutions.
- Supports the building of security architectures. Enforces the design and implementation of trusted relations among external systems and architectures.
- Assesses and mitigates system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle. Contributes to the security planning, assessment, risk analysis, risk management, certification and awareness activities for system and networking operations.
- Reviews Certification and Accreditation (C&A) documentation, providing feedback on completeness and compliance of its content.
- Applies system security engineering expertise in one or more of the following to: system security design process; engineering life cycle; information domain; cross domain solutions; commercial off-the-shelf and government off-the-shelf cryptography; identification, authentication, and authorization; system integration; risk management; intrusion detection; contingency planning; incident handling; configuration control; change management; auditing; certification and accreditation process; principles of IA (confidentiality, integrity, non-repudiation, availability and access control); and security testing.
- Must have an active TS/SCI with polygraph.
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited university in a technical field.
- Four years of ISSE experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
- DoD 8570 compliance with Information Assurance Systems Architect and Engineer (IASAE) Level 1 is required (A+, Net+, Sec+, CISSP, etc.).
Varen Technologies - 2 years ago