The Research/Portfolio Analyst is responsible for assisting in higher level money management to more complex multiple product lines, creating research reports which can be used both internally and externally, including analysis of performance attribution for CLS Investments, LLC ("CLS"), a wholly owned subsidiary of NorthStar Financial Services Group, LLC ("NorthStar"). This position also produces communication material, including market commentary and client reviews. The Portfolio Analyst trains as a co-manager of CLS core strategies and the AdvisorOne funds, and will participate in portfolio management meetings, investment committee meetings, and assist with client events.
• Assists/co-manages with money management of the AdvisorOne Funds.
• Meets regularly with portfolio management team and contributes research and investment ideas in order to aid in investment decision making process.
• Participates in communication and presentation of portfolio manager’s strategies and mutual funds.
• Manages and monitors small fund families to coordinate with CLS's major investment themes.
• Assists lead portfolio manager with proposals, rep and client phone calls, allocation decisions, and creating marketing pieces.
• Manages and monitors the allocations of sub advisory lines.
• Provides fund specific research necessary in order to effectively assist money management of portfolio manager’s core strategies and funds.
• Creates reports and charts with economic data pulled out of Bloomberg research software and/or other sources, and produces accompanying commentary to portfolio management team and Investment Committee.
• Explores various software and other methods for attribution analysis.
• Creates and reports attribution analysis for CLS core investment strategies to portfolio management team and Investment Committee.
• Contributes to performance projections/predictions of various sectors, aiding in voting decision to deviate from benchmark portfolio presenting this to both portfolio management team and Investment Committee.
• Creates internal communications including daily commentary and correspondence with internal departments acting as liaison between marketing and portfolio management.
• Creates client reviews providing detailed analysis of a client’s performance and commentary pertaining to the client’s specific strategy.
• Creates weekly external commentary, assists with quarterly market reviews, and other external commentary which will be visible to advisors, clients, and partners.
May perform other duties as required and assigned.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS & CONTACTS
• Regular contact with internal departments regarding communications for daily commentary and correspondence
• Regular contact with Portfolio Management team regarding portfolio management/investment committee meetings, information/clarification on money management or research duties
• Occasional contact with clients at company-sponsored client events
• Knowledge of portfolio modeling
• Ability to exercise appropriate judgment, reasoning and decision-making
• Ability to create financial reports and charts
• Ability to interpret statistical information and communicate investment and industry analysis
• Ability to multi-task while maintaining careful attention to detail
• Ability to work effectively both individually and within a team environment
• Ability to work with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and address competing priorities
• Excellent skills with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Effective written, listening and verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical, quantitative and problem solving skills
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Economics or related field
• Master's Degree and/or CFA designation (or progression towards these credentials) preferred
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in an investment research or related role
• Experience working within the financial services industry preferred
*Equivalent education and experience will be considered
The statements in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, knowledge, skills, and abilities required of individuals so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job duties and responsibilities.
Normally works in a general office environment with the use of computer, printer, telephone, copier, fax, and calculator. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
Travel is required 10% of time with occasional overnight or weekend stays.
NorthStar Financial Services Group, LLC
- 2 years ago - save job