The Marketing Communications Specialist plans and implements marketing and communications programs, working with our Product Management, Customer Segment Management and Sales Teams. Strong writing, editing, and proofing skills are required.
This position will take advertising and promotion concepts and work with a team of Graphic Designers to implement projects such as catalogs, direct mail, email, and sales collateral. This position requires the ability to translate product information from hundreds of products into promotional materials without having in-depth knowledge of the products. This is a Salaried position reporting to the Marketing Supervisor.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
1. Developing marketing plans for a wide variety of projects including market research (surveys), advertising, direct mail, email, sales collateral, catalogs, and trade shows.
2. Creation and execution of annual Vendor Marketing Plans. This includes the creation of objectives, strategy, and execution of an annual planning calendar for our key vendor partners
3. Responsible for aggregating and disseminating insights, market research and competitive intelligence for assigned customer segments.
4. Working individually or with a team to identify, evaluate, and recommend marketing opportunities based on a set of provided objectives.
5. Writing articles for company publications, as well as reviewing and editing marketing publications and catalogs to ensure accuracy of all communications - including both print and digital mediums.
6. Working with a team of Graphic Designers to create and execute marketing projects.
7. Working with the Marketing Projects Coordinator to provide cost estimates for projects to team members.
8. Ensuring that the companys corporate branding is executed as appropriate in all communications and to execute projects that promote the company, as well as the products we represent, through press releases, corporate advertising, and the company website.
9. Travel to assigned customers to conduct market research and better understand market needs.
10. Providing a positive and qualitative contribution to the success of the client, team, co-workers, other customers and DSC. Contributing in team activities, provide regular communication of productivity, and perform other responsibilities as conditions warrant.
Minimum Knowledge and Skill Criteria:
The Douglas Stewart Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. Women and minorities encouraged to apply.
- 1- 3 years of experience working in a Marketing department or related field;
- Ability to handle, prioritize and organize multiple tasks while expecting constant change;
- Excellent written communication skills, including editing and proofing abilities;
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products: including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with high technology products and the college market would be a plus.
- Bachelors degree with an emphasis in Marketing, Communications, or related field, or equivalent experience
At the Douglas Stewart Company we believe that our success depends on the success of our people. That's why we provide a casual, comfortable and team]oriented work environment as well as competitive benefits, professional recognition and an exceptional work and life balance.
As a leading distributor and marketer in the education market, we take pride in our exceptional team of distribution and service experts. Motivated, hard]working individuals will find themselves amply rewarded in their careers at The Douglas Stewart Company.
If you think you can be a contributing member to our team send us your resume.
The Douglas Stewart Company is the leading distributor and marketer of computer products, consumer electronics and school supplies...