The First Officer reports directly to the Chief Pilot and is under the supervision of the Captain/Pilot in Command for his assigned flight.
First Officers (FOs) will perform functions as specified in company manuals or as assigned by the PIC. Such functions include, but are not limited to: Preflight inspection of the aircraft, obtain ATC clearances, prepare weight and balance calculations and load manifests, and manipulate the controls of the aircraft during flight under direction of the PIC. FOs will be prepared to assume command of the aircraft in the event the PIC becomes incapacitated or is unable to perform his duties. FOs are expected to upgrade to Captain (PIC) positions and should demonstrate appropriate flying skills, knowledge of flight operations and judgment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist the pilot-in-command (PIC) in conducting the flight safely and efficiently
2. Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas
3. Assists captain in ensuring the safety of passengers and crew.
- High School Diploma Required Experience:
- 11+ years with a HS Diploma (5+ years with a Bachelor's Degree) Required Skills:
- General knowledge of aeronautical decision making as erroneous decisions or recommendations would normally result in failure to reach goals crucial to significant organizational objectives and would profoundly affect the image of the organization
- General knowledge of Crew Resource Management
- FAA Commercial Pilot Certificate (or JAA/ICAO equivalent), with Multi-engine and Instrument ratings Preferred Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1000 hours total flight time, 200 hours turbo-prop or turbo jet multi-engine aircraft as applicable and 200 hours multi-engine
- Commercial Multi Engine-ATP preferred
We provide some of the world’s most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions and
employ a skilled...