• Primarily responsible for deliveries and service.
Transports deliveries according to manifest in a safe, responsible manner and in accordance with company procedures and applicable DOT regulations.
Applies knowledge and ability to safely load and unload deliveries according to size of load and content description.
Processes shipment documents neatly and efficiently for each shipment and manages discrepancy documentation.
Obtains and maintains proper delivery authorization and pickup documentation and submits timely at end of work day.
Provides good customer service and maintains a professional manner and appearance to enhance the company’s image.
Performs a daily DOT pre-trip inspection according to checklist and keeps an accurate copy in the vehicle at all times.
Maintains a daily, legible DOT log book and submits as required.
Ensures proper maintenance of vehicle and reports all accidents, damage and malfunctions to management as they occur.
Maintains high standards regarding health and safety and personal hygiene.
Segregates, handles and transports soiled equipment in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
• Supports warehouse and equipment maintenance, as needed.
Inspects all equipment in assigned Service Center for damage and/or wear and ensure that it is functioning at expected levels.
Responsible for the cleaning, handling and safe transport of all inventory as it enters and leaves the service center.
Ensures that safe handling procedures and proper use of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) are used at all times.
Additional duties as requested or required.
• Complete all required training applicable to assigned position.
• Additional duties as requested or required.
• Valid Driver’s License in good standing with Department of Motor Vehicles and Department of Transportation Card (DOT)
• High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
• 1-3 years relevant experience.
• Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions and correspondences
• Ability to effectively present information in one on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands; reach with hands and arms and talk, hear, smell and stand.
• The employee is frequently required to walk; sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and occasionally lift 80 lbs.
• Working knowledge
Invacare Corporation - 10 months ago