This position is responsible for fabric quality management / development and lab testing: There is a high level of direct interaction with both inside (VFJ) and outside contacts, with continual direct interaction with fabric mills and vendors (fabric quality) and internal (VFJ) cutting facilities (fabric quality ). The emphasis relative to general fabric quality is to serve as a liaison between internal manufacturing, merchandising and VFJ fabric vendors in resolving issues that arise. A additional responsibility is management of the Lab at SSC. Establish control-related standards and procedures.
Years of Related Professional Experience: 6.
Bachelor's Degree Textile Engineering/Science/Management or equivalent in experience Textile industry experience (Denim & piece dyes) preferred Manufacturing/cutting room experience preferred.
Excellent oral and written communication skills (concise and easily interpreted).
Up to 50% travel to other company locations and to fabric and materials vendors (both domestic and non-domestic).
1. Evaluate potential new fabric suppliers' abilities to provide VFJ consistent, quality fabric that meets all VFJ put-up and physical property specifications.
2. Coordinates and manages the activities of Lab technicians
3. Helps identify quality related problems and works with our fabric suppliers for resolution of issues to minimize problems and extra cost in our manufacturing process.
4. Works closely with merchandising on vetting the viability of fabrics selected and development of new innovative fabrics
5. Manage fabric chargeback for mill caused irregulars that have led to out of line loss levels for VFJ.
6. Works closely with Fabric utilization engineer to maximize our benefits
7. Conducts biannual fabric quality reviews
8. Works closely with VFA on mills providing fabric to be used in our internal manufacturing facilities
VF Corporation - 9 months ago
The movie Fast Times at Ridgemont High put Vans sneakers on the map, but the company owes its current popularity to the fashion sense of...