The Home Health / Hospice Aide is a vital part of the patient care team providing exceptional care and comfort to homebound and terminally ill patients in the home setting under the direction of an RN or other healthcare provider. The Home Health / Hospice Aide will perform ADL's for Home Health / Hospice patients in their home and sometimes at inpatient care facilities. Duties include but are not limited to: personal hygiene (toileting, bathing, and bowel and bladder management), feeding, grooming and dressing, walking and transferring. In this position you will be able to utilize and develop your clinical skills to ensure a positive patient experience, while providing comfort as you assist in caring for the personal and physical needs of the patient. The Home Health / Hospice Aide will demonstrate excellent communication and reporting skills to document and report patient care provided and any patient concerns in a timely manner. At least twice daily, you must import and export patient files. This requires access to a phone line or commuting to an Intermountain facility.
Benefits Eligible: No
Entry rate : $10.08/hour
Shift Details: Will help cover Weekend patient visits
- This position requires verifiable current Healthcare Provider or Professional Rescuer CPR certification. An original card must be verified prior to start date or the job offer will be withdrawn. For additional information regarding CPR requirements please visit our Job Requirements Page .
- At least 18 years of age
- Current Certified Nursing Assistant Certificate (CNA) or willing to obtain one within 6 months of hire
- Access to insured and reliable transportation
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Home Health and Hospice only:
- Ability to commute to the office at least twice daily to electronically transfer patient files or have other access to the Internet for electronically transferring patient files twice a day.
- Current driver’s license, access to insured and reliable transportation and acceptable driving record to comply with the policies and procedures maintaining insurability of Intermountain Healthcare (less than 75 points within the last 36 month time frame)
- Ability to transfer and position patients independently and safely
- Hearing/Listening, Lifting, Manual Dexterity, Pushing/Pulling, Seeing, Speaking, Standing, Walking
- One Year CNA Experience
- Current CNA Certificate
- Previous Homecare and/or Hospice experience
- Computerized patient documentation experience
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare - 12 months ago
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...