Our sales engineers empower customers to realize efficiencies cost savings in their software portfolio and application lifecycle processes. Flexera Software provides specialized solutions to help our customers decrease their spend with strategic software vendors, migrate to new windows platforms, virtualize applications, and provide an automated software request process. For this sales engineering position, we are seeking a pre-sales candidate that has a background in Software Asset Management (SAM), IT Asset Management (ITAM), software packaging, software virtualization, or related disciplines. The Sales Engineer will enable Flexera Software to expand our FlexNet Manager, AdminStudio, and App Portal solution sales and will be instrumental in driving the solutions forward. We are looking for a thought-leader who can work with account teams to provide a deeper knowledge of the application lifecycle and ecosystem. Flexera Software’s Software License Optimization and Application Readiness solutions are an aggressively growing business segment with a wealth of opportunity for the right candidate.
Responsibilities / Qualifications:
- Provide asset management or application readiness/packaging expertise to field sales teams to drive revenue
- Work with customers on their software licensing, application packaging, virtualization, and software request optimization and strategies.
- Dynamic, self-starter with the ability to deliver presentations to all levels within the organization
- Work closely with customers to reinforce the solution value proposition and to give them a high level understanding of implementation
- Help the sales team create a buying vision for our solutions
- Produce and/or deliver customer specific demonstrations, technical presentations and pilot/proof of concept activities
- Cooperate with and support 3rd party integrators or consultants as needed
- Work with product management and engineering to define offerings and provide insight from the field back to these groups
- 4+ years experience in a "customer facing" environment
- Knowledge and/or pre-sales experience with Software Asset Management (SAM) a plus
- Knowledge and/or pre-sales experience with packaging solutions – InstallShield, AdminStudio, or Wise Package Studio a plus.
- Experience with related solutions such as Microsoft SCCM/Config Manager, Landesk, Altiris, etc. a plus.
- Strong presentation skills to technical and business (onsite, conference or seminar)
- Ability to map customer’s high level business problems to our product solution and value
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- BS in Computer Science or related discipline desired
- Strong documentation skills (Word, Visio, Excel, and PowerPoint) are required.
Washington, DC Metro area
Flexera Software, Inc. - 6 months ago