The Project Manager will assist the Senior Project Managers in completion of their construction projects; facilitate communication to all departments, process time-critical documents and track RFI's, change orders and drawings electronically.
DUTIES OF POSITION:
*(DENOTES ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
*1. Prepare necessary back-up documentation relating to change requests.
*2. Distribute contract documents, including drawings, specifications and general conditions.
*3. Upload and track change orders, correspondence and submittals.
*4. Create and update project budget and submittal spreadsheets and schedules.
*5. Request and record all required project close-out documents.
*6. Distribute final requirement documentation and support Senior Project Manager's bookkeeping tasks.
*7. Prepare correspondence with College, Architect, Engineers, General Contractor, etc. as requested. Examples of referenced correspondence include, but not limited to the following items: GC - Schedule of Values, GC - Project Schedule, memos, requests for information, transmittals and submittals.
*8. Prepare complete, accurate and timely submittal logs for construction projects based on project drawings and specifications.
*9. Communicate with Finance staff in resolving purchasing and billing issues.
*10. Assist the Senior Project Manager by monitoring and tracking productivity, costs, quality control, document management and the processing of applications for payment. Notify the Senior Project Manager of any issues that affect quality, budget, progress and safety.
*11. Assist Senior Project Manager in soliciting for proposals prior to proposal submission time.
*12. Assist Senior Project Manager by reviewing General Contractor negotiations of contractual changes and prepare documentation for Vice President to sign.
*13. Assist Senior Project Manager in verifying and submitting requests for surety bond(s) and insurance certificates.
*14. Assist Senior Project Manager by documenting the quality and progress of each Contractor and Supplier.
15. Accountable for receiving approved submittals from Architect and/or Engineer and notify the Senior Project Manager of potential schedule impact.
16. Assist the Senior Project Manager in submitting building permit applications as applicable (i.e., water retention, etc.), follow-up on review progress and receive upon approval. Submit check request to Finance for associated fees according to College procedure.
17. When requested by Senior Project Manager, schedule construction meetings with required staff, subcontractors, architects and users.
18. In the absence of the Senior Project Manager, attend necessary meetings including owner/architect pre-bid and project and close-out meeting. Take meeting minutes for Senior Project Manager as necessary.
19. Other related duties under the direction of the Director of Facilities Planning and Construction.
Received by Employee:
Director of Facilities Planning and Construction
Exercised by Employee:
Degree in Construction Management or Business Management.
Two (2) to five (5) years' experience with on-site construction in construction management. Proficient communication, interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills. Should also possess self-management skills and the ability to work with several managers with limited supervision and be able to prioritize and execute many concurrent tasks. Proficiency in written and spoken English.
More than five (5) years' of above experience. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
EQUIPMENT AND/OR MACHINES USED:
Computer experience including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and scheduling software (Outlook). Other computer software skills as required.
Must be able to lift 25 pounds.