This position is responsible for the effective implementation and delivery of timely and accurate information to internal and external customers, representing DSC externally and being the customer advocate internally. Position requires participation in continuous improvements and assigned customer service and inside sales activities in order to ensure the attainment of customer service, growth and profitability objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Builds a strong positive relationship with both internal and external customers by demonstrating knowledge of products, and ability to exceed customer expectations.
- Receives and processes requests for quotations and orders within defined criteria, and by obtaining all necessary information; and performs follow-up to determine outcome and track market data.
- Obtain customer orders and accurately enter into Avante, send acknowledgement to customer and make changes or updates as needed.
- Enter quotes into tracking system to provide forecasts.
- Obtain material requirements and delivery schedules and provide necessary lead times and criteria to influence customer expectations.
- Provide accurate delivery schedules to traffic to secure trucks, communicate to shipping required product order details and all information necessary for dispatch.
- Initiates communications with customer, scheduling, sales, and purchasing to confirm orders and shipments are meeting demands.
- Must have ability to become proficient in company systems for order entry, tracking, quoting and communicating.
- Provides high degree of technical knowledge and can communicate DOT specification and familiar with AASHTO and ASTM specifications and where to obtain information.
- Has knowledge of logistical capabilities primarily with LTL and flatbed loading, timing and distribution.