This is your opportunity to join a team of six warehouse workers in the Warehouse Operations Section of the Department of Labor and Industries. The Warehouse Operations Section provides supplies and facilities maintenance support to L&I Headquarters in Tumwater and 20 field offices statewide. The section maintains an inventory of about 1,000 lines of office supplies, forms, publications and posters. |
The Warehouse Operations Section is comprised of two workgroups: Warehouse Support and Field Support. You’ll become a member of the Field Support group and provide backup support to the Warehouse Support group by filling in during absences at various warehouses as necessary. The work you’ll do will directly contribute to the quality of services provided by the agency.
Some of what you will do
- Work the front counter, service walk-in customers, receive shipments and take telephone orders. Ensure the warehouse opens at the start of each business day.
- Operate several computer applications; ProcurePlus Inventory, Materials Management System, FedEx Shipping System, and Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word. Ensure the Warehouse Back-up Server is functioning properly and with the correct back-up media.
- Work with modular cubicles and furniture; repair, reconfigure and modify panel systems.
- Work with a variety of different office panel and furniture systems. Read blueprints, CAD drawings and interpret detailed instructions to accomplish office reconfigurations.
- Receive surplus property from agency property officers and prepare proper documentation for disposition. Disassemble modular system office furniture identified for surplus processing. Submit electronic or manual property transfer documents for bar-tagged items to ensure proper accountability.
- Operate a 3,500-pound capacity forklift and a 3,500-pound capacity electric pallet jack to load and unload materials and supplies for delivery and placement into storage locations. Perform pre-operation inspections and maintenance on equipment.
- Operate any of 3-warehouse vehicles to deliver supplies and furniture to L&I Headquarters and 20 field locations located throughout the state. Perform pre-operation inspections and operator maintenance on a 1-ton cargo van, and two medium duty 20’ cargo box, trucks with gross vehicle weights (GVW) of 25,500 and 23,500 pounds.
Who should apply
Professionals with 2 years experience performing general mechanical maintenance and 1 year experience working in warehousing and performing inventory control, stock keeping, receiving, or shipping.
Must possess a valid driver’s license and pass a driver’s records check.
What we’re looking for:
Experience assembling and adjusting Steelcase and Haworth modular office furniture.
Experience using ProcurePlus.
Experience using FedEx Ground.
Skilled using hand and power tools.
Ability to peform heavy manual tasks such as moving office furniture, and lifting and moving boxes that weigh up to 60 pounds.
This job requires strong written and oral communication skills and abilities. You will be required to be a very effective communicator, both orally and in writing.
Please provide a professional formatted letter of interest with your application materials.
This job announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies
Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver’s license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Prior to any new appointment into L&I a background check, including criminal record history, will be conducted.
To apply, follow the "Apply" link above
Only complete applications will be considered. Be sure to answer all supplemental questions.
We’re looking for evidence that you have the skills, experience, and abilities indicated in this announcement. Information you provide will be used for deciding who'll be selected for the next step in our process.
For more information about the Department of Labor & Industries visit: http://www.lni.wa.gov/
Contact us at: Jobs@LNI.wa.gov
Persons with a disability, who need assistance in the application process, or those needing this announcement in an alternative format, may call (360) 902-9152. Applicants that are deaf or hard of hearing may call through the Washington Relay Service at 7-1-1.
The State of Washington is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Whether it's helping a vulnerable child, making highways safer or restoring salmon habitat, the work that we do matters to the people of...