Posting Title : Sr. Data Systems Architect-vFabric
About Us : SpringSource, a division of VMware, Inc., (NYSE: VMW), is the leader in Java application infrastructure and management. SpringSource provides a complete suite of software products that accelerate the entire build, run, manage enterprise Java application lifecycle. We employ the open source leaders who created and continue to drive innovation for Spring, the de facto standard programming model for enterprise Java applications, as well as the Java and Web thought leaders within the Apache Tomcat, Apache HTTP Server, Hyperic, Groovy and Grails open source communities. Nearly half of the Global 2000, including many of the world’s leading retail, financial services, manufacturing, healthcare, technology and public sector clients are SpringSource customers.
Grow and thrive with the SpringSource team and work alongside the industry’s brightest minds in an environment where work is fun, excellence is rewarded, and everyone on the team matters. Learn more at www.springsource.com/careers.
Job Description vFabric Applied Technology Group – Sr. Data Systems
The Cloud Application Platform division of VMware, Inc., (NYSE: VMW), a leader in cloud application infrastructure and management, provides the infrastructure necessary for emerging cloud-centric applications, and advanced data management systems with high availability, linear scalability, security and performance guarantees. vFabric SQLFire is an elastic, memory-enhanced relational database that runs on commodity hardware in grids and infrastructure clouds. vFabric GemFire additionally provides game-changing performance with a key-value pair interface, parallelized OQL queries and memory-based Map-Reduce functions. SQLFire and GemFire are part of the vFabric product line that provides a complete suite of software products that accelerate the entire build, run and manage phases of the enterprise cloud application lifecycle.
The vFabric Applied Technology Group is comprised of experienced data and application system architects that enable vFabric Systems Engineers, Professional Services Consultants and customers by publishing academic and best practices whitepapers, proof of concept applications, reusable frameworks and tools. The ATG is also involved in marquee customer engagements, providing customer architecture advice and expertise. The ATG is looking for a hands-on Grid/Data-Caching/High Performance Computing Architect to join our team. The successful candidate should have a strong background developing high performance, large scale applications. GemFire applications include distributed, partitioned algorithms, data partitioning, querying and indexing, event-driven business processing, high-speed Map-Reduce, asynchronous persistence, client language interoperability and integration with Big Data architectures.
- Form and evangelize opinions on advanced data systems architecture and event-driven core business applications
- Present product use cases and benefits to customers, partners and internal resources
- Supplement product with example and reusable code that customers can apply to their environments
- Determine product gaps for client engagements and participate in the specification, design, implementation, testing, UAT and PROD migration and support, validation and support of necessary features
- Where business needs and pre-sales requirements dictate, ATG members may be called upon to (alone or with a team) execute client Proof of Concepts (POC) evaluations and product benchmarks.
- Work in conjunction with Sales Engineering and/or Product Engineering and Technical Support to resolve customer issues in pre-sales and POC engagements
Location : New York, NY, US
- Any prior experience with GemFire, Coherence or Gigaspaces (Terradata, Scale-Out or similar products also desirable) is a definite plus
- Strong Java development skills with 5+ years concurrent programming, testing, and profiling experience
- Strong written documentation skills
- Strong oral presentation skills
- Data Modeling experience with preference for extended Object Oriented data modeling in Java or Smalltalk
- C#, C++ and .NET development experience will be appreciated
- 5+ years experience working directly in a business or with customers to design, develop, and support customized software products
- Proven ability to design, model, implement, and test high performance software for mission critical applications
- Candidate should have a good understanding of distributed computing concepts and networking principles
- A broad knowledge of Java technologies (XML, Spring, Hibernate, J2EE, JDBC, JMS, JMX, etc.) is very desirable
- Customer-focused history of designing, delivering, and supporting software solutions to real world problems
- BS or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics, with coursework in Software Design
- Ability to do technical presentations internally or at a customer site
Is this a remote or multiple location position? Yes
Requisition Number : 33565BR
VMware is the leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility and virtualization software. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and...