The Senior Accountant is responsible for activities related to the financial management of the Solid Waste Division (SWD) and the Department of Natural Resources and Parks Director’s Office (DNRP). This position is part of the Finance and Administration Section of the Division. |
The job duties of this position include complete accounting responsibility for the Solid Waste Division funds, maintenance and reporting of data in compliance with the requirements of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), responsibility for inter fund transfers, allocations, reconciliations, research and analysis. This position will also serve as a technical expert for Division management and staff, and lead a team responsible for the accounts payable, fixed asset management, and cost accounting structure of the Division.
Who may apply: This position is open to all qualified applicants.
Forms and Materials required : Applicants must submit a King County application form, resume and letter of interest detailing your background and describing how your education and experience meets the qualifications and has prepared you to perform the essential functions of the job. Applications without the required materials may not be considered for this position.
Work Location: King Street Center - 201 South Jackson Street, Suite 701
Work Schedule: This full time position works a 40 hour work week, Monday through Friday with some evening and weekend work as required. This position is overtime eligible.
Division and Section profile: The Solid Waste Division provides garbage transfer, disposal and recycling services for residents and businesses in King County. Finance and Administration section staff provides a variety of financial management and support services for the Division which include accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, technical support and oversight for contracts, procurement and stores, development and monitoring of operating and capital budget, economic forecasts and internal audit.
- Review revenue, expenditure, and balance sheet reports for validity and accuracy
- Create accounting project and general ledger transactions for interagency charges, corrections, and allocations to support the SWD and DNRP Director’s Office
- Lead a team of staff responsible for processing accounts payable, managing fixed assets, and maintaining the project/task structure for the Division.
- Work with division stores staff to administer procurement/payable processes and resolve issues
- Assist in writing and revising accounting policies and procedures and ensuring internal controls are maintained
- Provide guidance and technical expertise on financial policies and procedures to SWD management, supervisors, and staff
- Provide technical expertise and support to SWD management, supervisors, and staff regarding Oracle EBS system procedures.
- Create, modify and run financial reports from Oracle EBS as needed
- Work with vendors, auditors, and other King County agency staff to research, analyze and resolve issues and provide assistance
- Provide support to the SWD budget development process.
- Provide back-up to the Business and Finance Officer and staff
- Perform other financial assignments as needed
Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- A minimum of three years professional accounting experience
- Advanced knowledge of financial management systems - example: Oracle, SAP etc.
- Advanced skills in MS Excel
- Demonstrated ability to do research, analysis, reconciliations, and accounting adjustments related to complex financial data
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Skilled in disseminating financial and accounting information and advice to a variety of end users
- Demonstrated experience in writing and revising financial policies and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with a team
- Ability to organize and prioritize a heavy workload
- Detail orientation and basic math skills
- Excellent customer service skills
Union Membership : This position is represented by Teamsters Local 117.
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Substantial experience in public sector accounting.
- Experience with Oracle EBS financial system.
- Supervisory or lead work experience
Who to contact: If you have questions about this position, please contact Prakash Meloot at (206) 263-6061 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
King County - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -
King County provides regional services to over 1.9 million residents including more than 340,000 people living in unincorporated areas....