Partners with business unit leaders to develop and deliver strategic human resource solutions to achieve defined business goals. This position is located at Seton Manor Skilled Nursing Home in Orwigsburg , PA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Partners with business unit leaders in order to align human resources practices with business strategy and proactively identify potential barriers to goal attainment.
2. Provides counsel and support to leaders and/or associates in the administration of Human Resources policies and procedures. May provide resolution of employee relations and performance issues.
3. Partners with business unit leaders in the process of performance management, associate engagement survey interpretation and action planning, patient satisfaction strategies, and identification of training and development needs in order to develop a business unit culture that supports achievement of objectives.
4. Utilizes knowledge of Human Resources, legal, and regulatory requirements in conjunction with market best proactive to ensure business unity compliance and competitiveness."
5. Actively works with associates, managers and executives to provide coaching, facilitation, education and advisor expertise as needed. Synthesizing organizational needs into well-developed, systematically crafted, and thoroughly executed HR Solutions that are prioritized for resource assignment, working collaboratively with VP, Human Resources and leaders of HR functions across the Health System to assure access to the resource required to support the Health System.
6. Analyzes and interprets data from varying sources and recommends action plans. Provides input and/or leadership on all aspects of organizational development and implementation, including the creation of project plans, timelines for project completion, communication of all phases of the project to the appropriate individuals, etc.
7. Works collaboratively with all levels of management and subject-matter experts to identify job-related competencies, best practices, and successful approaches to organizational effectiveness and HR management. Facilitates project teams related to strategic initiatives. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services provided.
8. Participates in developing departmental goals, objectives and systems. Recommends, advocates, and/or implements new and/or changes to existing policies and procedures, laws or regulations. Prepares/provides input into internal communications regarding HR Issues and policies. Maintains compliance with JCAHO standards and federal/state regulations regarding Human Resources issues.
Requirements (Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities)
Education: Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field.
Years of Experience : 10 or more years related industry experience. Experience in long-term care preferred.
Skills : Excellent consulting, client management, conflict management, business literacy, interpersonal and negotiating skills. Strong communication, verbal and written, skills. Ability to handle multiple projects, conflicting priorities, and multiple business units in an organized and efficient way. Self-directed and motivated. Knowledge of principles and practices of personnel administration. Sound judgment and coaching ability through difficult, complex and emotional issues.
Education: Master's degree in Human Resource or Business Administration. PHR or SPHR Certification.