Texas Western Hospitality, a Dallas, Texas based hotel management company is seeking a sales minded, very experienced and tenured General Manager for the Fairfield Inn Austin.
Texas Western Hospitality, and managing partner Western International, own and operate over fifty select service, full service and extended stay hotels all carrying Marriott and Hilton flags. We currently operate hotels throughout Texas, Arizona, Montana, North Carolina, South Carolina and Oklahoma. We have several properties under construction which will open in the near future.
General Managers on the Texas Western team have the responsibility for running their own operations and accountability for the individual property results. Our General Managers are expected to be entrepreneurial, self starters that thrive on achieving results well above that of the competition.
Texas Western Hospitality flies only the best flags, builds only the best hotels and employs only the best of managers. This simple, yet proven strategy has allowed us to deliver exceptional results to all of our stakeholders; investment partners, owners, associates and customers alike.
To manage the hotel's operation and maintain established cost and quality standards in order to ensure superior service and maximize profits.
- Develops short and long term financial and operational plans for the hotel which support overall company objectives. Prepares the annual hotel budget.
- Monitors hotel performance through verification and analysis of guest satisfaction systems and monthly financial reports. Initiates corrective action.
- Manages all sources of revenue including the rooms, housekeeping, food and beverage, engineering, and other departments. Ensures all departments are profitable and maintain strong working relationships.
- Works with the Director of Sales, if needed can performs duties of a Sales and Marketing manager including making marketing calls; attending community business functions; working with travel agents and direct bill accounts; and coordinating sales promotions.
- Orders supplies and equipment as needed and in accordance to company procedures.
- Ensures staff received proper training for each position, including safety training and standard operating procedures.
- Inspects guests’ rooms, public access areas, and outside grounds for cleanliness and appearance
- Adheres to all franchise and company procedures and regulations as well as standard operating procedures.
- Ensures bank deposits are made daily, including weekends and holidays.
- Promotes hotel’s policies and philosophies to employees and guests through direct and indirect interaction.
- Allocates funds, authorizes expenditures and assists Area Director in budget planning
- Produces monthly financial reports and knows at all times where the hotel stands against budget.
- Plans, implements and manages annual capital improvement projects with prior approval from VP of Operations or EVP of Operations.
- Manages human resources functions of the hotel by controlling turnover, motivating employees, focusing on employee development and retention and conducting regular employee meetings.
- Protects the hotel and its assets through enforcing and maintaining a preventative maintenance program.
- Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Stays in compliance with all established Texas Western Hospitality to maintain functional and effective computer systems and hardware.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Education/Experience: Four-year college degree or previous experience in the hotel hospitality field required. Special consideration will be given to those who exhibit exemplary performance.
Certification and/or License Requirement: Alcohol awareness certification. General Manager and/or other certification as required by franchise.
Texas Western Hospitality - 4 months ago
Brick House Tavern & Tap
Ignite Restaurant Group
- 1 day ago
- 2 days ago
Easily apply to this job
Extended Stay Hotels
Extended Stay Hotels
- 7 days ago