Aon plc (NYSE: AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Through its more than 61,000 colleagues worldwide, Aon unites to empower results for clients in over 120 countries via innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. Aon has been named repeatedly as the world's best broker, best insurance intermediary, reinsurance intermediary, captives manager and best employee benefits consulting firm by multiple industry sources. Visit www.aon.com for more information on Aon and www.aon.com/manchesterunited to learn about Aon's global partnership and shirt sponsorship with Manchester United.
Affinity Insurance Services, a division of Aon, is a full-service insurance broker/administrator specializing in the marketing and administration of insurance programs for Aon’s affinity customer groups. We are the vital link bringing together these groups with underwriting companies. For our customers, we are an advocate, providing competitive products and easily accessible, world-class customer service. For the underwriting company, we provide the marketing and administrative expertise necessary to maximize their policy sales.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for a Vice President Business Development. This position supports Aon Affinity Architects & Engineers Professional Liability Insurance Program. Preferably located in Hatboro, PA but will also consider other locations including Boston, Chicago and New York.
This position is responsible for all business development activities including sub-producer distribution management for the Aon Affinity Architects & Engineers Professional Liability Insurance Program. The A&E Advantage Program specializes in providing customized professional liability insurance products to small A&E firms with under $2.0 million in annual revenues. This position is accountable for driving substantial revenue growth within our established A&E business and includes the following direct accountabilities. Attainment of premium volume and revenue growth targets as established for the position is essential for success.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Overall leadership of new business development for the A&E program including multi-channel distribution, sub-producer distribution force management and book acquisitions.
* Develop and maintain relationships with key agents, brokers, sub-producers and others who control A&E business in the marketplace.
* Manage current A&E sub-producer relationships to improve production flow and sales success;
* Monitor producer production metrics to optimize new revenue growth.
* Populate and utilize Salesforce.com to track and report on activities that drive results.
* Frequent travel with face-to-face meetings.
* Partner with production underwriting team to coordinate the submission information and client communication necessary to optimize account production success,
* Partner and coordinate with marketing to develop and execute a consistent broker communication plan, to include regular newsletter updates, etc.
* Act as a product advocate and company advocate to the A&E and insurance community.
* Understand the competitive marketplace for the product line.
* Identify new A&E producer relationship that can drive accelerated A&E production growth including securing block book of business transfers.
* Work with Business Unit leadership and Affinity Shared Services resources, including underwriting and client delivery, to exceed producer / client service standards.
* Embrace strategic acquisitions to accelerate growth.
* Perform other duties and assume other responsibilities as delegated by manager.
The VP of the A&E Advantage Program will also support and collaborate with the senior executive management team in developing, communicating and implementing new opportunities for overall program growth and profitability.
Core Competencies & Qualifications
* The ideal candidate for the position should have a BA or BS undergraduate degree, an MBA and/or JD. A demonstrated track record of insurance program leadership and revenue growth success within the commercial insurance industry is a must.
* More than 7 - 10 years of experience in A&E professional liability insurance including technical product, underwriting, sales and distribution management skills.
* The ideal candidate will be highly networked and have significant insurance brokerage, program management and product market expertise, industry contacts and the ability to easily build and maintain client and carrier relationships.
* Strong skills in relationship development and management, strategic planning, negotiation, communication and leadership are essential.
* Clear quick, concise communication skills, both verbal and written. Strong, effective presentation skills.
* Property & Casualty insurance producer license.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; or ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Aon offers competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, continuing education & training, a unique internal advancement program, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
All positions at Aon require an applicant who has accepted an offer to undergo a background check. The checks run are based on the nature of the position. Background checks may include some or all of the following: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and results consistent with Aon’s employment policies. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon's professionals are unwavering in their client focus and integrity. We promote diversity, professional development, frugality and stewardship, applying a disciplined non-bureaucratic approach to help our clients realize their business potential. Drawing on our experienced team as a competitive advantage, Aon employees have the freedom to take risks, foster innovation, champion for change and replicate best practices.
For more information about Aon Corporation, visit our website at http://www.aon.com.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. M/F/D/V
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hatboro, Pennsylvania United States
Hatboro, PA United States
Aon - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard
Aon plc is a multinational corporation headquartered in London, United Kingdom, that provides risk management services, insurance and...