Vmware Control and Command Center (vC3 ) Cloud Engineer with Linux Subject Matter Expertise – Palo Alto
Position is Temp-To-Perm after 6 months
Vmware is building out the next generation Command and Control center to enable us to continue our journey to the software defined data center. As part of this exciting initiative we are looking to hire talented technical individuals to work in our Palo Alto Command Center.
Working as part of a multi location follow the sun team, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a track record of working as an integral part of a Level 3 technical team. This team will proactively work to ensure the integrity of VMware’s IT infrastructure and will ensure that where Incidents do occur, the team will remediate the Incident utilizing strong technical skills and best practice Incident Management techniques.
Experience and Skills:
- Four (4) year degree preferably with an IT related concentration
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certified and a technical certification related to a relevant technology field (RHCE, VCP, CCNA etc.)
- Serve as an escalation point to resolve problems from the Linux OS perspective with applications and critical services running on Linux VMs.
- Administer multiple Linux servers running in a high availability, mission critical environment
- Configure and install new Linux systems/machines
- Perl and shell scripting to automate aspects of systems maintenance
- Linux systems performance, tuning, and enhancements
- Install patches, configure machines, provide overall support of the Linux environment
- Serve as an escalation point to resolve problems in Linux servers and users environment
- Experience in the design and implement of HA (High Availability) and Load Balanced solutions
- Design and document processes and procedures to automate common tasks
- Work closely with Software Engineers, Database Analysts, and Q/A personnel
- Mentor junior Linux systems administrators
- Root cause and failure analysis to resolve systems problems
- Storage experience particularly with EMC arrays would be highly desirable.
- 4+ years of experience as an IT Linux server administrator in a virtualized environment
- 3+ years of experience in vSphere env
- 2 years supporting OpenLDAP
- 2-3 years hands on support of Postfix
- Strong working knowledge of MySQL
- Strong working knowledge/support of Unix based email system (sendmail, qmail etc.)
- Zimbra knowledge a strong plus
- 2-3 Years hands on LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL,Perl/Php) experience
- 3+ years of experience administering RedHat and Ubuntu.
- Strong working knowledge of virtualization technologies and VMware products
- Strong knowledge of DNS and network tools (ping, traceroute, etc.)
- Strong scripting knowledge: Perl scripting, shell scripting and command line utilities
- Experience with supporting enterprise applications such as Oracle Financials and Oracle databases running on Linux
- Must be able to troubleshoot complex issues quickly and effectively
- Deep understanding of basic TCP/IP and internet protocols required
- Knowledge of NIS, LDAP, NFS, SMTP, IMAP, and X11R7 is required
- Knowledge of SAN/NAS management is a plus
- Shift and weekend work will be sometimes required
netPolarity - 23 months ago