Job Title: Billing Coordinator Location: Chattanooga, TN Req # 17566 Reports To: Billing Manager Posting End Date: Department: Operations POSITION SUMMARY: Ensures the proper preparation and accountability of the Emergency Department charts for the Emergency Department physician billing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities -
**CB DO NOT REMOVE**
- Obtains a copy of current Emergency Department log on a daily basis.
- Identifies and marks log /track sheets of hospital admittance, outpatient services, direct admits. Submits billing information, counts records to ensure reconciliation with the Emergency Dept. log, and submit trauma patient billing.
- Answer phone calls and handle inquiries.
- Collects previous day’s patient charts, sorting in date and time order.
- Reconciles missing or suspended list with required lag time.
- Collects critical care charges of procedures, such as procedures performed in ICU/hospital and obtains/pulls charts, demographic, and insurance information.
- Maintains copy of billing information.
- Other duties as assigned.
EmCare - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
EmCare is a leading physician services organization with nearly 1,000 locations at hospitals from coast to coast. We have become a leader in...