This position reports to either the Manager of Accounting or Director of Accounting and exists to support the management team within Accounting & Reporting in the coordination of financial analysis and presentation for assigned business areas. These activities include utilizing the financial systems of the organization to coordinate, report, and analyze the financial performance of the assigned business areas. QUALIFICATIONS/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES
- Requires general knowledge of external reporting requirements mandated by local, state, federal, and other regulatory agencies, including Internal Revenue Service, Indiana Department of Revenue, Medicare and Medicaid.
- Preferred - Has passed CPA exam or actively pursuing CPA certification.
- Requires in depth knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and financial management process; Preferred - Has passed CPA exam or actively pursuing CPA certification.
- Requires at least 5 years prior experience in accounting or finance.
- Requires ability to communicate sensitive issues with all levels of employees/management.
- Requires ability to professionally communicate, verbally or in writing, findings to others.
- Requires knowledge or computer software packages, database management and spreadsheet applications.
- Requires a high level of interpersonal, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Requires independent judgment.
- Requires ability to work independently.
- Requires ability to recognize opportunities for improvement and the ability to integrate those improvements into daily-to-day activities.
- Requires customer service skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse group of associates throughout the organization.
Indiana University Health - 10 months ago