Sofia University (formerly The Institute of Transpersonal Psychology) is a private, non-profit, graduate school, founded in 1975. Sofia University is WASC accredited and offers Masters and Doctoral Degree Programs in the field of transpersonal psychology and related areas. The residential facility is located in Palo Alto, California. In addition, Sofia University provides low residency distance learning (Global) programs to permit students the opportunity to study at home and on-line, as well as to meet on campus for brief intensive seminars with their cohort and faculty. Our new Bachelor's degree completion program will begin in September.
Title: Admissions Counselor
Reports to: Dean of Admissions
As a member of the Admissions Team, the Admissions Counselor is responsible developing a positive relationship with prospective students at all levels of the recruiting process. As a member of the Admissions Team, and reporting to the Dean of Admissions, this individual is a key player in facilitating enrollment of academically-qualified traditional and nontraditional students in line with university goals and objectives, and fostering effective working relationships among the various schools/departments. This is a regular, full-time, exempt position with core business hours of 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday. Some evening and weekend work is required during peak seasons. A valid driver's license is required.
- Identifies, educates, and enrolls academically-qualified traditional and non-traditional graduate and undergraduate students
- Maintains functional knowledge of all academic offerings and programs, admission requirements, and applicable policies and procedures
- Responds and follows up with regard to Program inquiries and requests; maintains constant contact with assigned recruits in moving them forward from inquiry to accepted status
- Regularly communicates with prospective students through email, telephone, live chat, Skype, and other means of personalized communication
- Provides prospective students with preliminary financial aid information
- Interfaces regularly with Program Chairs and Faculty members
- Attends recruitment fairs and other promotional events, both on and off campus, as directed
- Prepares and submits weekly status reports; other duties as required
If interest, please forward a cover letter, resume, salary history and/or requirements, and current contact information for three references to:
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline; Master's degree preferred. Academic or work-related exposure to Transpersonal Psychology or closely-related field is also preferred.
- 2 to 4 years previous admissions counseling experience preferred
- Excellent customer service skills and orientation is required
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) are required; must be able to understand and readily explain program differences to prospective candidates
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; previous experience with Admissions-based tools helpful; ability to use and understand electronic media-related tools is also helpful
- Ability to multi-task, maintain attention to detail while meeting and/or exceeding expectations, and ability to work both independently and collaborative in a diverse environment is also required
- Ability to occasionally travel to attend recruitment fairs and other events is necessary; a valid driver's license is required
Mark Dunaway, Ph.D.
Director of Human Resources
1069 E. Meadow Circle
Palo Alto, CA 94303
Please visit us at www.sofia.edu for more information
Sofia University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
HigherEdJobs - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -