This position is a temporary, assignment-based professional role that is a part of the Raytheon IIS Flex Pool Program. Certain benefits apply for eligible employees
The Capture Manager (CM) is responsible for leading pursuit/capture activities from the business interest decision until contract award.
The CM is expected to: develop, maintain, and status a capture plan, including descriptions and analysis of the opportunity, customer, competition, Raytheon team, pursuit/win strategy, pricing strategy, and resource requirements; establish and implement a comprehensive customer contact plan; maintain an integrated action plan; and accurately reflect all pursuit related status information in various management systems.
Coordinate the integration of subject matter experts and functional leaders required to position the team and its proposed solutions with the customer prior to RFP
Required Skills, Experience and Education
- Establish relationships with program managers and mid-level government and military decision-makers and leaders
- Work with BD teams to secure customer knowledge and strategic support for capture and proposal process
- Prepare capture team staffing plan; develop and manage the bid and proposal budgets
- Actively work customer key issues, concerns and “hot buttons” through direct customer contact for qualified opportunities
- Lead the planning for and conduct pursuit/capture activities and process including win strategy development, black hats, orals presentations and demonstrations, and development of ROIs and risk assessments.
- Leverage knowledge management resources, competitive intelligence databases, and past performance sources to ensure winning technical, management, price, and past performance approaches are developed
- Work closely with proposal team to develop and deliver well-written, compliant, and competitive proposal volumes that incorporate win themes, discriminators and benefits
- Ensure capture through timely selection of key personnel for program implementation, utilize lessons-learned, attend customer debriefings, conduct win/loss analyses, incorporate all capture artifacts into the knowledge management system, and recommend continuous process improvements
- Support the Program Manager in the transition to contract performance
- Lead the implementation of the Capture Management Development Program within assigned segment to train capture managers and capture team members from all functions.
- 10 years related work experience with 5 years of experience in a capture role
- Bachelors degree or 8 additional years of experience in lieu of degree
- Expertise and success in leading captures
- Experience with different acquisition approaches
- Record of pursuing and capturing services and solutions-based new business opportunities
- Ability to mentor/train others, negotiate, influence and manage risk, and conduct competitive assessments and price-to-win analyses
- Strong technical background
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Success in developing and leading complex teams
- Understand financial business models
- Be a self starter, take initiative, have high energy and a passion for developing new business
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN), with 2011 sales of $25 billion, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security and other government markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 90 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as a broad range of mission support services. With headquarters in Waltham, Mass., Raytheon employs 71,000 people worldwide.
At Raytheon Intelligence and Information Systems (IIS), we transform data into knowledge. IIS is a leading provider of intelligence and information solutions, specializing in ground processing, unmanned ground systems, cybersecurity operations, homeland security and other markets to resolve the most complex problems for our customers worldwide. IIS employs more then 8,300 people worldwide with major hubs in the Mid Atlantic Region, Aurora, CO, and national Headquarters in Garland, TX, IIS generated $3 billion in 2011 revenues.
Raytheon - 19 months ago
Raytheon ("light of the gods") took a shine to its place in the upper pantheon of US military contractors; the company regularly...