Job Title: Sr Security Specialist
Job ID: 1000979
Location: MD - Baltimore
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Family: Security
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Conducts sensitive investigations which require significant understanding of depth and scope of potential impact that investigative results may have upon employees and/or business initiatives. Determines and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired, investigative results, and makes recommendations in support of correcting internal controls issues, and/or policy/procedural deficiencies surfaced by the investigation. Plans, organizes and conducts minimal to complex investigations of alleged violations of law or the company¿s code of business conduct. Conducts investigative as well as information-seeking interviews of employees and non-employees, documents investigations, handles evidence, maintains liaison with internal and external resources, in order to achieve favorable results that support Exelon¿s business units and efforts. Conducts independent, highly complex, significant, confidential investigations throughout the Corporation. Provides recommendations to operating management to strengthen controls and further mitigate risk. Prepares clear, comprehensive and cohesive investigative reports based upon established procedures.
In addiiton to the above the posiiton also:
- Interacts with Business Unit leaders during the investigative process.
- Advises management on risk mitigation recommendations, identifies internal controls weaknesses, and provides recommendations to strengthen the controls environment.
-Investigations are conducted to support or refute allegations, with an emphasis on independent and impartial fact finding and investigating any actions which are perceived to be violative of the Company¿s Code of Business Conduct.
-Works under minimal supervision
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Conducts complex and confidential internal/external investigations for the Corporation. Identifies internal controls issues and works with BU management toward corrective action, so as to preclude additional, like problems.
2. Creates and inputs investigative incidents and results into Security case management system.
3. Reviews and analyzes background investigations for employees regarding derogatory information received during the vetting process.
4. Establishes and maintains federal, state, county and local law enforcement contacts and relationships.
5. Provides support for other Corporate Security functions and activities (Annual Shareholder Meeting, tabletop exercises, Executive Protection, Vulnerability Assessments, Crisis Management and BCP)
6. Provide employee training regarding such areas, but not limited to violence in the workplace, fraud, employee safety, physical site security and any other Security programs.
-five to eight years of law enforcement or Corporate Security experience in a Fortune 500 company.
-Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
-Knowledge of PC/desktop workstation applications; Microsoft Word, Excel; Outlook.
-Strong working knowledge of regulatory and accounting regulations (SOX, US Federal Sentencing Guidelines and GAAP) and company polices and procedures (Code of Conduct, Corporate Governance, etc.).
-Bachelors Degree in Business or Criminal Justice.
-Certified Fraud Examiner.
-Experience in conducting vulnerability assessment of physical facilities.
-Experience in Business Continuity and Crisis Management.
-Prior corporate experience.
Exelon EEO & Employ Elig
Exelon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Exelon - 10 months ago
The City of Brotherly Love meets the Windy City and The Greatest City in America in utility and power generating holding company Exelon. The...