Senior Applications Engineer- Middle Tier (Job Number: 307099)
The Homeland & Civilian Solutions Business Unit currently has an opening for a Sr Applications Engineer- Middle Tier
- Exercise independent judgment in developing methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for resolving incidents.
- Manage large-scale enterprise-level Middle Tier/Middleware security in production and staging environments.
- Support and maintenance the security and access management in Production, Staging, UAT and sandbox environment for clustered Middle Tier services across platforms and servers.
- Develop and enhance system resilience toward matured intrusion detection and disaster recovery methodology.
- Interact professionally with cross-functional development and support groups in all stage of the Software Engineering Life Cycle (SELC).
- Provide technical feedback for cyber security and access management aspect of the SOA implementation of enterprise software.
- Manage a portfolio of security and access management applications and releases in clustered and load-balanced environment.
- Enforce security and access control measurements, such as LDAP, SSL and PKI, to safeguard Middle Tier service’s authentication and authorization infrastructure.
- Participate in all phases of system operations and production support of Middle Tier security and access management, including implementation, modifying, supporting services enterprise integration.
- Establish and recommend changes to policies, processes and procedures that affect security lock-down of COTS and Open Source products.
- Interacts with senior management and stakeholders on issues and risks concerning the support of security and access management services in cross-platform distributed environments.
- Collaborate with large teams of multi-disciplinary personnel during service deployment and incidents to ensure congruence of the various hardware, software, and communications approaches.
- Act independently and collectively to determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Document technical and operational process and procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree and 7+ years of experience or 10+ years of progressive experience in lieu of a degree.
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience with SOA, Security and Access Management COTS and Open Source packages.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience on security aspects of enterprise application support and maintenance.
- 5+ year of Access Management tools, such as Tivoli suite, McAfee suite.
- Hands-on experience of implementation of SSL certificate and PKI architecture in production environment.
- Knowledge of Unix scripting and Windows command line scripting.
- Knowledge of SQL experience with Relational Database, such as Oracle and SQL Server.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suites, such as Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, etc.
- Ability to complete extremely complex and difficult assignments. Determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Ability to utilize change control, version control and incident management web tools.
- Contract requires U.S. Citizen and the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Public Trust Suitability.
- SAIC also requires background verifications, which may consist of education, employment, credit, criminal and driving records, depending on nature of position. Favorable results are required for SAIC employment.
- DESIRED SKILLS:
- Anakam 2-Factor Authentication
- DB Protect
- ArcSight L5100 Loggers and Connectors
- Exceedium Gatekeeper
- Fidelis XPS (extrusion/leakage detection)
- ISS Proventia (Intrusion Detection)
- McAfee Enterprise AntiVirus
- Rational AppScan (Vulnerability Scanning)
- Rational Policy Tester
- Tivoli Access Manager
- Tivoli Directory Integrator
- Tivoli Directory Server
- Tivoli Federated Identity Manager
- Tivoli Identity Manager
- Tivoli WebSeal (Reverse Proxy)
- WebSphere DataPower (XML gateway)
- J2EE application server (JBOSS, Webshpere, WebLogic)
- Unix and Windows (RDP, PUTTY, Citrix)
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy and the environment, critical infrastructure, and health. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of $11.1 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2011. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: May 14, 2012, 7:58:11 AM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Other Clearance
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
SAIC - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...