Job Description & Qualifications
- Ford Motor Company has an opening on our SYNC team. This is a Product Development role with a focus on Mobile Navigation Architecture and Development for SYNC. Work with the latest technologies, smart phones, and web services.
- Test and deploy mobile applications in-vehicle.
- Work with leaders and developers from around the world from major names in technology
- Show off Mobile Navigation products at auto shows and vehicle launch events
- Developing global requirements for product and advanced product functionality in cooperation with other SYNC product managers.
- Specifying customer-driven product and technical requirements
- Architecting future API designs based on product requirements and system capabilities.
- Developing and running unit tests and test scenarios for new and existing products.
- Managing business and technical relationships with external partners.
- Supporting vehicle and mobile application launch activities.
- Develop new low-cost navigation solutions for European and Asia markets as a stop-gap replacement for next-gen connectivity systems.
- Work closely with the SYNC, Navigation, and AppLink teams to deliver best-in-class and best-in-cost navigation solutions across all in-vehicle line ups globally.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
- Strong knowledge of existing SYNC connectivity solutions and telematics technology or similar system.
- Awareness of the mobile device, navigation and consumer electronics market
- Extensive understanding of the connectivity and mobile developer value chain.
- Deep working knowledge of mobile marketplace trends, application stores and carrier go-to market strategies.
- Deep working knowledge of OEM and supplier trends for application integration, navigation and connectivity strategies.
- Extensive experience managing software development by 3rd party software vendors.
- Solid technical knowledge of vehicle electrical systems, (infotainment and connectivity sub-systems) and connectivity technologies such as Bluetooth, USB, WiFi, and DoV
- Extensive experience building and launching hardware and software products into in-vehicle production applications, with specifics on in-vehicle head units and hardware.
At Ford Motor Company, we are dedicated to designing, manufacturing and selling high quality vehicles that meet the diverse needs of our customers. We believe our employees and the different perspectives that they bring to the business are the driving force behind our success.
- MS or MBA preferred
- We’re looking for an individual that has a strong balance between Engineering Hardware and Software skills. The role requires a solid understanding in each of these domains.
- Relevant work and or academic experience preferred
- The ideal candidate would also have programming experience with Objective-C, Java, and .NET technologies.
- Experience with development tools and SDK’s from Apple, Android, Blackberry, and Microsoft are also preferred.
- Strong preference toward applicants that have designed, specified and launched in-vehicle infotainment systems and/or SYNC features.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We have a commitment to our products and customers, but also know that our employees are the driving force behind our success. Find out what it is like to love your job. Come discover a Company that is focused on designing better cars, but also cares about you, your family and your community. By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce.