volume retail establishment
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years related leadership experience in managing similar
ethical business solutions
- Organizational, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Able to analyze situations and gather information to develop sound,
- Communication skills, both written and verbal
- Multi-tasking skills
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills
- Presentation skills
- Travel up to 10%
The Store Manager is responsible for the execution of strategic and
tactical operational plans, initiatives, and processes within the
assigned store, for analyzing financial data and developing and
implementing strategies and tactics to meet or exceed projected results,
for leading, developing and directing store associates, and for the day-
to-day operations of the store. The Store Manager will ensure consistent
execution of corporate strategies within the assigned store. This
position will develop and implement industry leading operational
processes to maximize financial performance to consistently, improve
results. Develop associates for promotion and communicate clear
expectations to store leadership team and associates and hold them
accountable in order to achieve company objectives consistently.
1. Maintain personal knowledge of and embrace the corporate customer
service, merchandising, and operating requirements.
2. Remain informed of corporate marketing and merchandising plans,
expectations and timetable to ensure flawless execution in assigned
3. Maintain awareness of competitive activity within local market and
inform district leadership of new developments that could impact
4. Manage store conditions to ensure compliance with corporate
strategies and direct all aspects of the implementation of programs that
will improve the effectiveness of the store team to deliver expected
5. Adhere to and enforce high levels of professionalism, work ethic,
and work quality.
6. Align store leadership and associates with OfficeMax#s Core Values.
7. Represent the company and its efforts to support its communities.
8. Develop and cultivate strong working relationship with key business
partners and leverage all internal resources to achieve company,
territory, district, and store objectives.
9. Clearly articulate the company vision to inspire store leadership
and associates to do their best work.
10. Ensure that the store operates in full compliance with applicable
laws, regulations and company policies including but not limited to
talent management processes, pre-employment screening process, and
associate file maintenance and compliance.
11. Complete all assigned tasks within specified timelines and company
12. Create an environment that encourages and fosters the development of
all store leadership and associates.
13. Analyze and interpret store financial data and develop and implement
strategies that consistently deliver expected results.
14. Examine financial reports to develop strategies to consistently,
deliver results to the company#s specified standards for sales, wages,
profit and loss, shrink and other key metrics.
15. Hire skilled associates proficient in executing corporate
strategies, support diversity, and meet EEO requirements within assigned
store, with due consideration given to the recommendations of the
Assistant Store Manager.
16. Develop workforce-planning strategies for the store to fulfill
present and future staffing needs.
17. Ensure direct reports understand their roles and responsibilities by
providing consistent, clear, concise, and executable feedback to
18. Identify deficiencies in execution and initiate immediate action to
correct and take advantage of opportunities for improvement.
19. Coach store leadership and associates to deliver an outstanding and
consistent customer experience in compliance with the company
20. Prepare and deliver performance management activities for store
associates, including the semiannual and annual performance review
process, coaching and corrective actions for store associates, with due
consideration given to the recommendations of the Assistant Store
21. Live and promote OfficeMax Core Values, Brand Essence and Mission.
22. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be
construed as all encompassing.
Other duties, responsibilities and qualifications may be required and/or
assigned as necessary.
Retail - Stores
OfficeMax - 2 years ago