We are looking for a Technical Artist to integrate game art with animation to further enhance our technical processes making our games visually stunning and delightful. The successful candidate will work developing pipelines, techniques and workflows in close collaboration with our Art, Programming, Sound and QA teams to ensure that our art and animation aren't compromised by the limitations of technical processes. The TA will also assist in developing software tools and scripts that enhance the creation of art and animation in software products and perform advanced basic game implementation tasks with an emphasis on 3D multimedia animation and gaming environments.
- Work in a software integrated development environment (IDE) to develop, modify, debug, review, test, and document multimedia scripts for real-time gaming machines.
- Work closely with artists, animators, software engineers, sound engineers and QC to organize and direct game play from original conceptual color compositions towards finalized products.
- Analyze, develop and recommend design approaches while working on critical engineering problems and projects.
- Ensure product conforms to engineering design, regulatory, and customer performance expectations.
- Utilize Adobe Photoshop and other proprietary software packages to render static artwork ready for implementation in game.
- Adjust necessary scenes in Lightwave for use by software engineering team.
- Review various game scripts to validate their accuracy and make necessary adjustments as needed.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
- Bachelors' Degree or relative equivalent experience.
- 2 to 5 years work experience in Graphic Arts/Computer Science or related field or industry.
- Solid experience in scripting/code (object oriented), graphic design, art, animation, and 3D graphics.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop is required.
- Knowledge of 3D Modeling packages, such LightWave, Maya, or 3D Studio Max is preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with employees/clients via phone, email and in person.
- Goal and deadline oriented.
- Attention to detail.
- Casino or video game industry experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of MS Office.
- Experience with scripting languages, such as Lua, is a plus
Gamasutra - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
High 5 Games is the premier content creator for the casino industry.
Developing for the land-based, online, social, and mobile markets,...